Ferari 2017

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#196 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 20:31

Ja i dalje odbijam povezati Leklera, Ferari, Fetela i No2 status. To bi uništilo njegovu karijeru i psihu i to u samom početku.

#197 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 13:30

Discussions with Ferrari over their future in F1 will include the controversial issue of their power to veto F1 rules changes, FIA president Jean Todt has confirmed.

“It is decades that Ferrari has what is called this veto right,” Todt told a media briefing in Abu Dhabi. Ferrari have held their veto power since the eighties.

“When we are going to discuss about the renewal of the agreement, it is part of the things which will be discussed,” he added.

Ferrari last exercised its veto in 2015 to block a rules change requiring manufacturers to supply engines at lower prices.

The team’s commitment to F1 beyond the end of 2020 is in doubt. Last year CEO Sergio Marchionne said it will leave the sport if it does not approve of changes to the regulations planned for 2021.

However Todt, who managed Ferrari’s F1 team between 1994 and 2007, said both they and the sport would be worse off if they did not continue together.

“Am I afraid to see Mercedes or Ferrari leave? That’s their choice,” he said.

“What is sure, we don’t want anybody to leave. But of course Ferrari is one of the iconic brands. It’s a company, a team, which has been participating in every single Formula 1 championship since its creation.”

“So I don’t want to see Ferrari leaving, I’m not sure if it would be a good thing for Ferrari to leave Formula 1, because why it is a unique brand is because it’s such combined between racing and road cars.”

“I think it will be also painful for Ferrari not to be in Formula 1, but that’s not my responsibility anymore.”

#198 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 13:46

'FERRARI ENGINE REACHES POWER PEAKS OF 1000 HORSE POWER'

Ferrari looks set to join Mercedes in knocking on the door of 1000 horse power from its 2018-spec 'power unit'. Earlier this month, we reported that Mercedes is now just 50hp shy of the landmark four-digit power value. "If the world champions maintain their approximate development speed, 1000hp will be reached", a correspondent for Germany's Auto Motor und Sport claimed.

However, GPS measurements showed late last year that Ferrari only trailed Mercedes by 15hp with its own 2017 power unit. And now Leo Turrini, a journalist known for being close to Ferrari, says the Maranello team is also knocking on the door of 1000hp for 2018.

"A huge effort has been made to put the power unit on a diet," he wrote in his Quotidiano blog. "One of Mercedes' advantages was the lower weight of the overall package, but Ferrari has been successful in its mission. On the test bench, 1000hp has already been seen at maximum peak power," Turrini claimed, "even if Mercedes has already been there."

Turrini thinks Ferrari will have a good chance of taking on Mercedes on equal terms in 2018. "On the aerodynamic side, tunnel data shows an important step, although it will only be possible to understand more at the first Barcelona tests," he said. "But it's good to dream." (GMM)

Edited by alpiner, 24 January 2018 - 13:46.

#199 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 13:58

Ma ne valjaju nista ovi motori, 1000 konja iz 1,6 l uz termicku efikasnost od preko 50%, daj da menjamo!

#200 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 16:50

Why Ferrari got its power to veto F1 rules changes
F1 history
24th January 2018, 9:05
Dieter Rencken / Keith Collantine

FIA president Jean Todt has said Ferrari’s power to veto Formula One regulations will be up for discussion in negotiations over the team’s future commitment to F1.

enzoferrari_1988-470x264.jpg
Enzo Ferrari obtained the veto in the eighties

By then Ferrari will have held their controversial right for four decades. Todt shed light on the history of Ferrari’s veto in an interview in 2015, when he was asked if it was introduced during his tenure as Ferrari team principal.

“No, I think it was introduced around 1980 when the first Concorde Agreement was done,” Todt explained. “The reason why, something I heard, because I was to curious to know the story behind it when I joined Ferrari in 1993, and the story was simple.”

“Enzo Ferrari was the founder and felt that he was very isolated in Marenello compared to all the British teams, so he needed a protection. And in 1980 Ferrari was the only full car manufacturer*. He was facing private teams like Williams and Lotus and McLaren which were all using the same engine, the Ford Cosworth, so he got that in his discussion.”

“And then it is something over each negotiation of the [Concorde Agreement] was always taken into consideration and accepted.”

Ross Brawn, who joined Todt at Ferrari in 1997, said he was unaware of the existence of the veto for much of his time at the team.

After Todt left Ferrari and was elected FIA president he said he was surprised to discover Bernie Ecclestone and other teams supported the veto power.

arri-marc-470x313.jpg

“When we arrived in 2013 and it was the first time that myself as president of the FIA was facing consideration of the veto right, I must say that I was very cautious because it is like having a gun and so, as president of the FIA, was I prepared to give that.”

“I was surprised because of course the commercial rights holder, Bernie, was in favour of Ferrari having the veto right and all the teams were in favour. So it would have been a bit strange that myself I would have been, and sometimes I get blamed to have a harmonious situation with everyone in the same direction, so of course I agreed to implement the veto right into the discussion of the renewal of the Concorde Agreement 2013-2020.”

“We check, we simply changed the wording of it to make it more precise. So you need to have a strong rationale to be able to exercise it.”

*In fact Renault and Alfa Romeo were also competing in F1 as full constructors at this time.

#201 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,335 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:16

Arivabene osvojio "grill the grid" titulu medju sefovma timova, znao je odgovore na sva pitanja iz istorije F1, svaka cast!

#202 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,335 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 13:12

Ferrari gets boost for 2018 as F1 engine hits reliabilty targets

Ferrari's 2018 Formula 1 engine has hit its reliability targets on the dyno, while encouraging results from work on a new cylinder head concept have also been reported.

F1 drivers will be limited to the use of three engines for the entire 2018 season, and manufacturers have focused intensely on ensuring their engines can last the minimum required seven-race distances.

The increased mileage needs of the new engines means that Ferrari has elected to start the campaign with an evolution of last year's 063 power unit - which suffered a spate of unexpected reliability problems late in the season.

Its target instead has been to deliver an increase in lifespan without any power drop compared to last year.

But Ferrari engine chief Corrado Iotti is believed to be leading a programme to introduce a new cylinder head later in the season, which will help in the pre-combustion phase of the engine cycle and could especially help challenge Mercedes' advantage with qualifying modes.

The engine will not feature an alloy steel piston concept, which had been proposed at the end of last year under previous engine chief Lorenzo Sassi but was abandoned in the early summer after it failed to deliver what had been hoped.

Sassi left the team in the wake of that situation and instead took up a role with Mercedes.

He is set to start work at Mercedes soon, following his enforced period of gardening leave, and could take with him inside knowledge of Ferrari's progress on the engine front in recent years.

Work on Ferrari's engine has been intense because of subtle tweaks to rules for 2018, which has included a further clampdown on oil burn.

Teams are now limited in the type of oil they can use, and must provide the FIA with detailed readings of oil usage throughout each race weekend, as part of an effort by the governing body to prevent them using oil for power boost reasons.