99 replies to this topic

#61 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 13:37

The Sauber F1 Team announces Frédéric Vasseur as the new Team Principal
12 July 2017
We are delighted to announce the appointment of Frédéric Vasseur as Managing Director & CEO of Sauber Motorsport AG, as well as Team Principal of the Sauber F1 Team, effective July 17, 2017.

Pascal Picci, Chairman:
“Frédéric Vasseur’s long and successful career in top level international motorsport speaks for itself, and we are thrilled to welcome him to Sauber.”

Frédéric Vasseur:
“I’m very proud to be joining Sauber Motorsport AG, and wish to thank the company’s shareholders for their trust in me. I’ve been impressed by the facilities in Hinwil and by the talent and ambition of the workforce, and I very much look forward to complementing the team with my experience and determination and drive all people in the right direction in everything they do: I am convinced that all together we will achieve ambitious targets. I cannot wait to start working with our drivers, engineers and all the staff. I look forward to contributing to the next important phase in the development of the team.”

#62 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 16:54

Sauber's deal to run Honda engines in Formula 1 next season has been called off, according to multiple sources.

Reports emerging from Germany on Tuesday had suggested that the Japanese manufacturer had cancelled the deal, in the wake of the departure of team principal Monisha Kaltenborn.

However, sources with good knowledge of the situation have indicated matters are slightly different, and that the contract between Sauber and Honda that was announced earlier this year was never officially completed and activated.

That has led to a situation where Sauber's owners have in recent days decided that they would now prefer to look elsewhere for a power unit for 2018, so the Honda deal will not happen.

When asked for a response to the situation, a Honda spokesperson said: "This is purely media speculation, and we do not comment on speculation. Honda's relationship with Sauber has not changed."

Ako je ovo istina, to bi znacilo da Honda napusta F1 u slucaju da Meklaren raskine ugovor.

A to Liberti nece dozvoliti jer ne zele da izgube jednog od 4 proizvodjaca.

Sto znaci da ce da padnu neke velike pare da Honda ostane sa Meklarenom.

Sto onda objasnjava promenu u komentarima nakon Austrije, uprkos nikakvoj primetnoj pozitivnoj promeni u performansama i rezultatima.

#63 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 20:15

Sad je pravi momenat da Honda uradi sve radi zadržavanja Ilijena. Vaseur bi mogao srediti Renoove motore Zauberu jer je Reno sam rekao da bi mogao opskrbljivati četvrtu ekipu..

#64 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 17:37

Verlajn kaže da je otvoren za sve opcije za angažman u sledećoj sezoni, realno mogao bi uskočiti umesto Mase ako ovaj ode u pravu penziju.

Wehrlein is 'open to offers' for 2018

Sauber driver Pascal Wehrlein has said he's a free agent after the end of the current season, and that he has no idea where he might be driving in 2018.

Asked by the official Formula 1 website whether he was completely open next year, the 22-year-old said: "At the moment, yes." Pressed further as to whether he was on the market, he confirmed: "Yes, you could say so."

"I have a contract for this season so I am only focusing on this year," he elaborated. "I cannot influence anything. Decisions are made by others and I am only here to drive - to perform as well as I can."

Wehrlein missed the first two races of the season with a bank injury. But he's since picked up five valuable constructors points for Sauber in Spain and Azerbaijan.

Last year he also picked up Manor's sole point of the year at Austria. He's hoping that this ability to pick up opportunistic points against expectations hasn't gone unnoticed in the Formula 1 paddock.

"The weekends where we score points are very, very special for us," he said. "We don’t have the car to finish in the top ten often – only if the stars are in the right place!

"We have to take the opportunity and bag the points. I am very happy that when the chance was there I was able to grab it - I want to be there when it counts.

"I think it gets noticed that I have scored points in cars that under normal circumstances don’t score points," he added.

Wehrlein has been a test and reserve driver for both Mercedes and Force India. He also won the 2015 DTM championship with the Mercedes team managed by HWA AG. But his route to an F1 seat with the marque appear to be blocked by Valtteri Bottas' recent success.

"I cannot influence such a decision," Wehrlein said when asked about his prospects of getting a seat with the reigning constructors champion.

"Worrying about things that you cannot influence is wasting your time and wasting your strength and efforts.

"Yes, Valtteri is doing a good job - and he deserves it."

Sauber are due to change to Honda engines next year, although there have been conflicting reports about whether the deal will actually go ahead. Wehrlein says he knows no more than anyone else about that.

"I have no idea what is happening next year. Of course, I have heard all these rumours as well.

"Of course I want to see Sauber do well," he added. "They have the potential and have already been in good positions in the past, and I want them to get back there.

"The team wants to do better than we are doing now or did last season," he admitted. "[At the moment] we need ‘lucky races’. It is definitely a different situation now than it has been.

"The team wants to get back to where they were around five years ago. You can physically feel this desire in the team."

#65 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 18:45

Verlajn kaže da je otvoren za sve opcije za angažman u sledećoj sezoni, realno mogao bi uskočiti umesto Mase ako ovaj ode u pravu penziju.

To bi bilo OK samo sto je Martini kao generalni sponzor trazio nekog starijeg (zbog imidza). Njima je i Felipe Nasr bio premlad a stariji je dve godine od Verlajna.

#66 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 15:31

Sauber F1 Team‏

News update: The planned technological partnership between us and Honda is cancelled http://bit.ly/2uBmFJm  #F1

Brak se raspo pre sklapanja...

#67 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 16:39

Znaci Meklaren definitivno zaglavio s Hondom na duze staze.

#68 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 17:05

Znaci Meklaren definitivno zaglavio s Hondom na duze staze.

Znači ipak moram kupiti štrik, yebiga...

#69 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:46

Sauber to use latest spec Ferrari power units

8:39 – Sauber has announced that it will use latest specification Ferrari power units in 2018, marking a continuation of its collaboration with the manufacturer, after abandoning its planned partnership with Honda.

Sauber notified its intention to switch to Honda power from 2018, joining McLaren, but speculation surfaced that the operation was seeking to abort the partnership, with the news confirmed on Thursday.

On Friday morning, Sauber duly confirmed an extension to its relationship with Ferrari, having been powered by the Italian marque since 2010, and previously between 1997 and 2005.

As per its 2010-16 situation, Sauber will use Ferrari's current-year engines, having elected to use year-old power units in 2017.

"I am very pleased to confirm that we will continue to work with Ferrari as our engine supplier in form of a multi-year agreement," said new team boss Frédéric Vasseur.

"The shared experience between Sauber and Ferrari has built a strong foundation, which will allow us to move forward swiftly and efficiently, also in terms of the development of the 2018 car.

"I am convinced that together we can achieve the results which reflect the passion and determination that is, and always has been, behind Sauber."

#70 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 28,756 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:12

Sauber to use latest spec Ferrari power units

8:39 – Sauber has announced that it will use latest specification Ferrari power units in 2018, marking a continuation of its collaboration with the manufacturer, after abandoning its planned partnership with Honda.

Sauber notified its intention to switch to Honda power from 2018, joining McLaren, but speculation surfaced that the operation was seeking to abort the partnership, with the news confirmed on Thursday.

On Friday morning, Sauber duly confirmed an extension to its relationship with Ferrari, having been powered by the Italian marque since 2010, and previously between 1997 and 2005.

As per its 2010-16 situation, Sauber will use Ferrari's current-year engines, having elected to use year-old power units in 2017.

"I am very pleased to confirm that we will continue to work with Ferrari as our engine supplier in form of a multi-year agreement," said new team boss Frédéric Vasseur.

"The shared experience between Sauber and Ferrari has built a strong foundation, which will allow us to move forward swiftly and efficiently, also in terms of the development of the 2018 car.

"I am convinced that together we can achieve the results which reflect the passion and determination that is, and always has been, behind Sauber."

Hhmmmm, Scuderia Alfa?

DSC_9440.jpg

#71 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:52

Hhmmmm, Scuderia Alfa?

Slažem se samo što bi se zvali Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team, eho iz prošlosti, nekada BMV sad Alfa Romeo.. Pošto Markione želi gurnuti Alfu Romeo u F1 po mogućnosti u roku od odmah kupovina jednog dela Zaubera se čini kao odlična opcija jer su švajcarci dobro opremljeni ali bez viška novca koji bi palili na razvoj bolida. Samo rebrandovanje PJa u Alfa Romeo mi se čini kurvanjski, brend će bolje raditi ako ga napraviš ozbiljnim- kupovinom jednog dela tima.

Ovo je moj predlog livreja za budući Alfa Romeo Zauber :

gJailH0.jpg

#72 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:37

Hhmmmm, Scuderia Alfa?

Scuderia Ferrari
Alfa Corse
Officine Maserati

#73 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 20:10

Charles Leclerc will drive for Sauber in FP1 sessions in Malaysia, Austin, Mexico, Brasil and Abu Dhabi !

#74 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 20:36

Sauber poised to make announcement

Sauber is poised to make a key announcement about the future.

The F1 rumour mill at Monza says the Swiss team will confirm either that Ferrari junior Charles Leclerc is joining for 2018 to replace Pascal Wehrlein, or that Sauber will adopt the name 'Alfa Romeo' next year.

It is said the announcement is scheduled for either Sunday or Monday.

Either way, the suggestion is that Sauber is definitely ramping up its involvement with Ferrari, with new boss Frederic Vasseur having changed direction after scrapping the planned 2018 Honda deal.

"The deal is based on the powertrain," he said at Monza, "but then we will discuss that we could extend the deal on another parameter for some other parts."

However, Frenchman Vasseur played down the suggestions a deal with dominant Formula 2 rookie Leclerc is basically done.

"I think he has to be focused on the Formula 2 championship," he said. "There's still a couple of races to go and it's a bit too early to discuss that."

#75 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:42

Flex-Box becomes Race Partner of the Sauber F1 Team
11 September 2017

C36_Side_SoM_Box_Flexbox-300x167.jpg

The Sauber F1 Team is delighted to announce a one-time race partnership with Flex-Box at the upcoming Singapore Grand Prix. Flex-Box is a global company, which specializes in manufacturing shipping containers.

During this year’s Singapore Grand Prix, the Flex-Box logo will appear on the sides of the monocoques, as well as on top of the noses of the two Sauber C36-Ferrari.

Frédéric Vasseur, Team Principal, Sauber F1 Team:
“We are pleased to announce our race partnership with Flex-Box. With 20 Grands Prix taking place all around the world, flawless logistics are among the most important factors for success in Formula One. As a manufacturer of shipping containers, Flex-Box have selected the perfect platform with the Sauber F1 Team and Formula One to increase their brand exposure, in particular in the Asian market. We look forward to working with Flex-Box at this exciting race weekend in Singapore.”

Henrik Nielsen, Managing Director, Flex-Box:
“I am delighted about our partnership with the Sauber F1 Team at the Singapore Grand Prix. The night race in Singapore is one of the highlights of the Formula One season, and I look forward to seeing our logo on the two Sauber C36-Ferrari while they race on the streets of Singapore. As a global company we can relate to the international layout of Formula One, and especially that of the Sauber F1 Team. The demand for high-quality shipping containers, and the safe and swift transportation of freight, is especially relevant in the motorsport industry.”

About Flex-Box:
With over 15 years of experience in shipping container development and manufacturing, Flex-Box is an international industry leader. Known worldwide for their continuous innovation and development of new industry standards, they specialize in manufacturing shipping containers to meet their customers’ requirements. More information is available at: www.flex-box.com