Max

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 10:02

Bez obzira ko uzeo titulu ove godine mislim da je Max ukrao šou i postao glavna zvezda F1. Načini na koje je upadao u pažnju su bili od blata do zlata, ali nema spora da gledamo neverovatan talenat i budućeg šampiona

#2 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 10:04

Opinion on Max Verstappen's talents was divided amongst the F1 Report guests as they dissected the Brazilian GP.

The Dutch driver stole the headlines for his performance in the rain, which saw a number of audacious overtaking moves and was branded "one of the best ever drives in F1" by Red Bull boss Christian Horner.

However, speaking on Wednesday's show, Racecar Engineering magazine's Sam Collins was not impressed.

"It is not one of the best. I'm not one of Max's biggest fans, I think he's massively overrated," he said.

"He's got no finesse to his driving, he gets in the car and it is like a PlayStation game for him - he doesn't really understand what he is doing.

"I'm on the side of people like Vettel who just think he's a bit out of control, but in Brazil some of the moves he made were just sensational. That is one of the best drives I've seen him produce."

Asked how he could still not rate him despite those overtakes and keeping his car out of the wall after a half spin at the final turn, Collins added: "He just turns up to each corner, whacks on the brakes and it is crash or make the move."

"Missing the wall was luck, he got onto the high grip surface on the inside and it came round just at the right moment for him.

"He did lift the throttle right at the right moment, so it was a bit of talent, bit of luck.

"But some of the moves he made around the outside on the kerbs - that was proper driving, so there is some talent there."

Marc Priestley, though, believes Verstappen has been "a breath of fresh air" in F1.

"The fact that he makes these outrageous manoeuvres - more often than not he pulls them off and that is what we want to see," said the former McLaren mechanic.

"He's exciting and he's brought a breath of fresh air into Formula 1. We don't want to see people that are formulaic and only stick to the traditional racing line, we want to see people trying something different.

"I absolutely love that about Max, he's got a lot to learn, but I think coming into the sport he's just freshened it up.

"Even behind the safety car you could see him weaving off line, getting up alongside people, he was looking for grip all the way through those down periods.

"And I think he obviously found some because when we got back on underway he was making inventive overtakes in places we've never seen before and he was finding more grip than anyone else."

Priestley even sees similarities between Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton after his performance in Brazil.

"Max's drive I have to say reminded me an awful lot of Lewis Hamilton. There was GP2 race in Turkey in 2006 when Lewis Hamilton burst into our lives really," he added.

"He spun and he ended up right at the back of the field and he pulled off a race where he was overtaking people all over the place and I thought the drives were reminiscent of each other."

http://www.skysports...lian-grand-prix

#3 Doorn

Doorn
  • Members
  • 14,739 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 11:55

FB_IMG_1479293481526.jpg

#4 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 18:44

Verstappen nominated for FIA Action of the Year award 

#5 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 19:39

Mene za sada Maks najvise podseca na:

#6 Doorn

Doorn
  • Members
  • 14,739 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:40

#7 Hertzog

Hertzog
  • Members
  • 2,572 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 16:55

On se moze opisati u dve reci, bezobrazno dobar... E sada nekada je samo bezobrazan, nekada je dobar, a nekada je bezobrazno dobar

#8 Ripper

Ripper
  • Members
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 12:04

Max je definitivno doneo nesto novo u moru sablonskih odluka. Neverovatno da ostatak grida nije ni pomisljao da radi ovo sto je on radio iza SC-a trazeci drugacije linije koje ce mu kasnije koristi da ih nanize kao na igrici. Zaista sjajno.

#9 zoran59

zoran59
  • Members
  • 10,124 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 13:54

Vrlo inteligentan mladic, odlican intervju.

Podseca me na nesto sto je vec davno rekao Keith Code, superbike guru. Ne znam kako bih najispravnije preveo, pa cu ga citirati (priblizno, po secanju) na engleskom: "If you are not fast enough, do NOT 'try harder' - trying 'harder' just means making same mistakes with more force. Instead, try something different!"

Ovaj decko ima svetlu buducnost.

#10 Hertzog

Hertzog
  • Members
  • 2,572 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 14:20

Samo da ga ne uštroje pravilima.

#11 Downforce

Downforce
  • Members
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 20:59

Vrlo inteligentan mladic, odlican intervju.

Fascinantno je koliko je pameti u 10 minuta pokazao. Uzivao sam gledajuci svaki sekund ovog klipa.

#12 Doorn

Doorn
  • Members
  • 14,739 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 12:16

U jednom danu rasprodato svih 2500 karata za Max Verstappen tribinu na GP Austrije 2017. 

http://www.gpupdate....gn=Headliner.nl

Edited by Doorn, 07 December 2016 - 12:16.

#13 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 18:12

Max Verstappen this year completed the most overtaking moves by a single Formula 1 driver in a single season since the data was first collected in 1983, according to Pirelli.

The tyre supplier complied a list of statistics for the campaign and noted Verstappen achieved 78 passes in what was a record 21-race F1 season.

Verstappen also topped the tally in his rookie 2015 season with Toro Rosso, with 49 overtaking moves across 19 grands prix.

Edited by alpiner, 12 December 2016 - 18:13.

#14 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 15:42

Daniel Ricciardo is interested to see how much quicker his teammate Max Verstappen can get after an impressive first season of racing for Red Bull.

Verstappen was promoted to Red Bull after four races of the 2016 season, with the teenager replacing Daniil Kvyat following the Russian Grand Prix. In his first race for the team – at the age of just 18 – Verstappen duly won in Barcelona to become the youngest winner in F1 history. Ricciardo was leading the early part of the race in Spain but finished fourth after being put on a different strategy, and he admits the performance marked his new teammate out as a serious opponent.

"Well him coming and winning his first race at the team was already interesting!" Ricciardo said. "I knew even before he got to the team he brought the youth; he was creating all the headlines with his age alone, but I knew he was obviously quick. It was more: 'Hey, how quick?'

"Obviously he proved his speed pretty much straight away. It was a good challenge. I think he pushed me, I pushed him and it was a good rivalry. It was a good environment to be in because we pushed each other, but I think we kept it pretty respectful and we never really had any altercations, so we'll see how he increases.

"Obviously age is on his side, so it's how much quicker can he get? Hopefully not too much, but we'll see ... It's good fun."

According to statistics from Pirelli, Verstappen set a new record for the most overtaking maneuvers completed in 2016. The Dutch driver's total of 78 completed moves – measured as "one that takes place during complete flying laps (so not on the opening lap) and is then maintained all the way to the lap's finish line" – is the highest number since the start of such data being recorded in 1983.

Ricciardo was not far behind his teammate in the overtaking stakes, however, with Pirelli recording 61 moves from the Australian as Red Bull ended the season with the most overtaking maneuvers of any team across the year.

#15 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:27

Može odmah u klasike..

https://www.formula1...p-in-china.html