Lewis Hamilton

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#91 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 17:06

Lewis Hamilton has denied suggestions he is planning a move to Ferrari when his Mercedes contract expires at the end of 2018.

Over the course of the British Grand Prix, the Daily Mail reported that Hamilton had spoken with friends about his desire to switch to the Italian team and was hoping to move to Maranello ahead of the 2019 season.

But when a fan at Silverstone asked him directly if he would move to Ferrari, Hamilton replied: "I don't have any plans to.

"I really wanted to make sure that when I came to the sport I wanted to experience being at two different teams, and to win at two different teams. People were like 'you've won with McLaren, but can you do it with another?' So I'm glad I did that.

"I'm a big fan of Ferrari, it's a fantastic team, but I love where I am. The atmosphere in my team is incredible and there are something like 1,800 people in my team just to build those two cars. It's pretty unbelievable. I love the environment and the work.

Mercedes boss Toto Wolff believes his team is doing a good job at convincing Hamilton to stay.

"I don't know who talked about Ferrari, at least nobody in the team and not himself," he said. "What he has said was that he's a Ferrari fan, like we all are, and it's a team every driver dreams to drive in, full stop.

"He's in a very good place, he drives the fastest car at the moment and that's a Mercedes. We've a contract that goes for one and half more years and we have had the best dynamic in the team until now. All the talk has no relevance for me, zero."

Speaking in a media session after the race, Hamilton said he was only focusing on this year's championship and would reassess his long-term plans at the end of the season.

"In terms of contracts and stuff, I can't really say what's going to happen six months from now," he said. "Right now, I love driving. I'm just saying that you can't say what frame of mind I'm going to be in come Christmas time. Hopefully it's a really good one with a fourth title.

"Even in getting another championship, it would never be a case of 'now it's time to hang up my gloves'. I will always want to win more. Even when I do stop, something inside me will say I want to get more. Let's just focus at the moment and try and get that fourth."

#92 staneC

staneC
  • Members
  • 864 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:48

Pa nije rekao, da neče  ;)

Mene se sve čini, da hoče  :wicked:

#93 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 15:50

Jenson Button has revealed details of his relationship with Lewis Hamilton while the pair were team mates at McLaren.

The pair drove alongside each other from 2010 and 2012, until Hamilton left to join Mercedes.

In an extract published today, Button recounts his amazement at discovering Hamilton had publicly released the team’s telemetry information social media to show why Button had out-qualified him at Spa in 2012.

“Quite what was in his thinking, I couldn’t say,” wrote Button. “Certainly any displeasure he was showing was aimed at the team, not me, but I ended up being collateral damage because you don’t make telemetry public. You just don’t.”

“I wasn’t gasping in horror concerning his use of ‘WTF’ [‘what the fuck’],” Button added. “I like to see drivers expressing themselves.”

“The screengrab showed the kind of things you work hard to keep hidden from your rivals. I made my feelings known about that. The official version was that I was ‘disappointed’. Had I gone with my unofficial reaction it would have made ‘WTF’ seem very tame indeed.”

“But at the same time I knew it wasn’t personal. Bit dumb maybe. But not an ‘I hate Jenson’ thing so much as an ‘I’m fed up with McLaren’ thing.”

Button revealed Hamilton also challenged him over whether he ignored an order from the team not to overtake him during the 2010 Turkish Grand Prix when the pair were running first and second.

“He came straight out and asked me about it: ‘Did you pass me against team orders?’ He was the winner. Jesus.”

“‘No,’ I told him, ‘I did not pass you against orders. I was never told not to pass you.'”

Button described Hamilton’s decision to leave McLaren for Mercedes as “a shame” because he’d “enjoyed our rivalry.”

“Off the track, however, he was still being a bit weird.”

Button’s autobiography “Life to the Limit” will be published on Thursday.

#94 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 18:27

Još...

Jenson Button: Ralf Schumacher was a diva - and Flavio Briatore just rude

Jenson Button
16 OCTOBER 2017 • 6:00PM

In an exclusive extract from his new book, Jenson Button delivers his verdict on some of the biggest names he worked with during his time in Formula One.

Ralf Schumacher

I’d been a Formula One driver at Williams for all of 10 seconds - stammering, holding back tears and thinking, I’ve got to tell Mum and Dad - when suddenly Ralf bustled into the room, took up position opposite Frank Williams and pulled his best diva face.

“I’m not coming in tomorrow if the car isn’t waiting for me,” he pouted

I was thinking: “Bloody hell, you can’t speak to Frank like that.” But Frank’s equilibrium was undisturbed as Ralf continued, giving it the full Mariah Carey.

“I mean it. I mean it, Frank. If the car’s not waiting outside the hotel for me, or if it’s late, I’m not coming in. I’m not going to test.”

“We’ll make sure it’s there for you tomorrow,” said Frank, unruffled, and Ralf was about to flounce out, toys successfully jettisoned, when Frank added, “More importantly, Ralf, I’ve chosen Jenson as the second driver.”

Ralf looked at Frank and then at me. “Yeah, I know,” he said imperiously.

Whether Ralf really did know or was just being a cocky b------, who can say? Either way it was a strange way to start a relationship with a teammate.

Ralf always came across as a bit insecure to me, as though he feared he was being usurped. He never quite treated me as an equal, which might have been my age or the language barrier.

David Coulthard

At the start of my career, DC took me under his wing; we’d spend time together, go on holiday together with our girlfriends and so on. On one particular boat trip from Monaco to Sicily and then Sardinia, I remember me and him sitting on the boat drinking Bloody Marys all the way down to Sicily.

Undeterred we went out on land and kept drinking, no doubt attracting attention, because when we arrived back there must have been 15 paparazzi hanging around on the quay waiting.

We made our way onto the boat and continued the party, things getting a bit messy, until DC announced, “Right, I’m going to give them a show, these photographers,” took all his clothes off and dived towards the curtains, planning to fling them back and, “Give the paps a proper show in me birthday suit.”

Only my rugby tackle saved his blushes. The fact that he was about to do it? So DC. The fact that he remembered and thanked me afterwards and then told the world how I’d saved him from making a d--- of himself? That’s him all over.

Jacques Villeneuve

The only person who didn’t want me at BAR when I joined the team in 2003 was Jacques Villeneuve.

At our first press conference, he was asked what he thought of his new teammate. “Well,” he said, “he’s inexperienced, he looks like he should be in a boy band.” This kind of open hostility floored me.

After that, Jacques didn’t speak to me. He wouldn’t even look at me. If we passed each other in the paddock he’d find something interesting to look at in the opposite direction.

At the season opener in Australia, he was supposed to pit on lap 30 and me on 31. However, Jacques had saved a bit of fuel through the first stint of the race and didn’t pit, even though they were calling him in. Instead, he deliberately came in on lap 31, knowing I wouldn’t be able to go any longer than 31 and that I’d have no choice but to pit behind him.

Why did he do it? Partly mind games, partly because he wanted to beat me. But it was a dick move, and for a driver of his quality, a fairly incomprehensible one. He might have felt that he didn’t want whatshisname from Westlife coming in to beat him, but as a former World Champion he would have known the importance of keeping the team onside, and with that one act of petulance he turned them against him.

Michael Schumacher

He was a tough driver but he was always fair with me. He never took the p--- when it came to racing; he’d push me to the limit but never over it.

A controversial character, for sure – just ask Jacques Villeneuve and Damon Hill – but it was always fun fighting with him. Especially when you put him in the rear-view mirror.

Flavio Briatore

When I first joined Benetton in 2001, Flavio was good fun and great company. However, it soon became apparent that he expected me to win races, which in that car was an impossibility. And when I didn’t win, he started being no fun and s----- company. He was particularly forthright with the media, especially when you’d had a poor race, which was pretty much every race that season.

Just before Monaco he told the press he thought I was ‘a lazy playboy’. The dictionary I’m looking at defines ‘playboy’ as ‘a wealthy man who spends his time enjoying himself, especially one who behaves irresponsibly or is sexually promiscuous’.

Okay, so ‘wealthy’, yes. Guilty. I had, somewhat foolishly in retrospect, listened to my manager who told me that my continued prosperity in Formula One was assured and that I should rent an apartment in Monaco, which I did. I also bought a yacht, that I called Missie. And I had, also somewhat foolishly, parked that yacht in Monaco harbour. A bit flash, I grant you.

But I wasn’t lazy and I didn’t spend my time enjoying myself, certainly not at Benetton, because it was a miserable year by anyone’s standards. And as for being sexually promiscuous, well that’s just not true either.

Flavio just wanted to be rude. Tough love, maybe. But I read his comments and thought they were petulant, childish and unnecessary. And worse than that – they really, really got to me.

http://www.telegraph...tore-just-rude/

#95 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 28,756 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 21:00

Ovo moram da kupim!

#96 Hertzog

Hertzog
  • Members
  • 2,572 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 23:03

Na onom Ralfu se tacno vidi da je iskompleksirana razmazena princeza u senci Mihaela. Uporedjivanje sa Marajom Keri je vrh. Kao sto AA rece ovo se mora kupiti?
Kako se tacno zove knjiga i ima li je na ebayu

#97 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 23:48

51HGkJM981L._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

#98 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 13:57

Paradise Papers claim Hamilton avoided paying £3.27 million in tax on his jet
2017 F1 season

6th November 2017, 12:30
Keith Collantine

Lewis Hamilton has been accused of avoiding a £3.27 million tax bill for his private jet in a huge leak of information known as the Paradise Papers.

The four-times world champion is among those named in the 13.4 million files from two offshore service companies. The documents reveal how several of the world’s richest people use tax havens to shelter their wealth.

Hamilton allegedly used a series of companies known as Stealth Aviation Limited, Stealth Limited and BRV to avoid paying €3.7 million (£3.27 million) in value added tax (VAT) on his Bombardier CL605 Challenger jet, which he has used since 2013.

This is not the first time his tax arrangements have come into question. Hamilton left the UK early in his Formula One career and has since lived in the tax havens of Switzerland and Monaco.

The 32-year-old was named as the richest sportsperson in the UK according to the Sunday Times Rich List this year, which estimated his wealth as being £131 million.

Hamilton has defended his tax arrangements before, telling the same newspaper “people don’t realise I pay tax here, but I don’t earn all my money here.”

“I race in 19 different countries, so I earn my money in 20 different places and I pay tax in several different places, and I pay a lot here as well. I am contributing to the country and, not only that, I help keep a team of more than 1,000 people employed. I am part of a much bigger picture.”

Hamilton’s team Mercedes has been approached for a comment.

#99 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 21:17

Lewis Hamilton has revealed he told Formula 1 title rival Sebastian Vettel not to "disrespect" him again after their clash under the safety car during June's Azerbaijan Grand Prix.

In an exclusive interview with Motorsport.tv's The Flying Lap, Hamilton explained what he said to Vettel in private following the incident.

"When I spoke to him later, I was like 'that's a sign of disrespect, so don't ever disrespect me like that again otherwise then we will have problems'," said Hamilton.

"I've never done that to someone. I don't even know what he was thinking to have done... I've never been in a position like that.

"I guess people react differently under certain pressures."

Hamilton revealed that his quiet reaction to the incident at the time was caused by a desire not to cause a "negative swirl".

"I think there's different ways in which you can handle things," said Hamilton.

"I knew what I was there to do and I wasn't going to let anything distract me from doing that.

"I wasn't going to let myself say something or react in a way that's going to cause some negative swirl which is going to steer me off course from my ultimate goal.

"And naturally, with the experience you learn to just compartmentalise all those different things."

#100 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 28,756 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 22:37

23843227_148063439286228_404514318613576

23755480_10156760674514908_7304659333133

#101 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 16:20

Lujco demantuje dugogodisnje spekulacije da planira da zavrsi karijeru u crvenom:

Lewis Hamilton has ruled out a move to Ferrari.

The quadruple world champion's Mercedes contract runs out at the end of next year.

"I cannot imagine moving to Ferrari and I do not think that will change," he told Stuttgarter Zeitung newspaper.

Indeed, it is believed Hamilton is in talks with Mercedes about a new contract, even though he often talks about retirement.

"I have been connected to Mercedes for 13 years, which is longer than many other employees and longer than any other driver in F1," he said.

"I am proud that I work for them and I hope I can finish my career here," he added.

Hamilton said he expects a close fight with Ferrari and Red Bull next year.

"The greater the pressure on me, the more critical the situation, the better it is for me," he insisted.

"Mercedes is in great shape right now and I don't see anything that could change that."

A usput koristi priliku i da pljucne na konkurenciju:

Lewis Hamilton says he will never again be paired with a driver like Fernando Alonso.

The Briton made his F1 debut over a decade ago alongside then reigning world champion Alonso at McLaren.

"That will never happen," he told Stuttgarter Zeitung about the prospect of teaming up with Alonso again.

"Toto (Wolff) understands how the dynamics of a team works and compares it to a magnet. When two north poles meet, they repeal one another, so you need a north and a south pole.

"Two north poles results in negative energy, like in 2007 with Alonso and me," Hamilton added.

#102 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 28,756 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 23:26

Missim Džej.... :yawn:

DQMPngyU8AAKAbO.jpg-large.jpeg

#103 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 14:21

A66pIxbl.jpg

#104 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 15:10

Svaka bi ga majka za zeta pozelela!

#105 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 28,756 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 16:27

51HGkJM981L._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Ja naručio preko Amazona, kupio sam sebi za Božić. :)

10 ojrića, za male pare sam se obradovao.