Photo
- - - - -

99. Indijanapolis 500, 24. maj 2015.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
160 replies to this topic

#1 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 20:22

2015_Indy-500_Logo.png

Kao i svake godine, poslednje nedelje u maju vozi se "Najveci spektakl u auto-trkanju", koji ove godine ima svoje 99. izdanje. Uz dugu tradiciju koja seze do 1911. godine, na stazi koja je od izgradnje 1909. godine pretrpela samo minimalne promene pre svega u vidu tipa podloge na kojoj se vozi, Indi 500 je duboko ukorenjen u tradiciju i zajedno sa VN Monaka i 24h Lemana predstavlja triplu krunu auto-sporta kao jedna od tri najprestiznije trke na svetu i trofej o kome sanja svako ko je ikada obukao trkacki kombinezon i seo za volan.

O istorijatu detaljno mozete procitati ovde:

http://forum.b92.net...lis-30-05-2010/

Ove godine na Indiju debituju novi aero-paketi koje su razvili proizvodjaci motora Sevrolet i Honda. Proslogodisnji Dalarin paket je takodje legalan i moze da se koristi, ali malo je verovatno da ce se bilo ko odluciti da ga koristi, jer se ocekuje da novi paketi donesu drasticno povecanje brzina. Do sada, na "redovnim" stazama, rekordi padaju na sve strane, a iako su aero-paketi za ovale drugaciji na prvom testu su vec ostvarene prosecne brzine nekih 5-6 mph vece od onoga sto smo videli prosle godine u isto vreme.

Zato nije neverovatno ocekivati da ove godine konacno vidimo da neko ugrozi rekord Arija Lajendajka iz 1996. godine - 37.895 s; 237,498 mph; 382,216 km/h.

4us.JPG

(Imao sam prilike pre koju godinu da procaskam sa Arijem kad sam naleteo na njega na Toronto Indiju, i pitao sam ga u vezi ovog rekorda - kaze da je za rekord bilo potrebno imati "veca muda nego mozak" i biti "pomalo lud". :lol+: Videcemo hoce li ove godine biti ludaka vecih od Arija!)

Na ovom Indiju se ocekuje povratak legende EjDzej Fojta na pitvol svog tima odakle je odsustvovao nakot zdravstvenih tegoba i operacije srca krajem prosle godine. Casna starino, neka si nam jos puno godina ziv i zdrav, jer bez tepe ovaj svet ce ostati mnogo siromasniji!

p1040995fg.jpg

Jedna druga legenda od ove godine nece ucestvovati u programu Indija, i jedna duga tradicija je dozivela svoj kraj - glumac Dzim Nebors je lane poslednji put otpevao nezvanicnu himnu Indijane na svecanostima pred trku:

Ove godine vozac pejskara ce biti Naskarovac Dzef Gordon:

jeff-gordon-and-the-chevrolet-corvette-z

Na stazi nas ocekuje 34 bolida, 17 Sevroleta i 17 Hondi, koji ce se boriti za jedno od 33 startnih mesta za trku. Titulu pobednika brani Rajan Hanter-Rej, a pored apsolutnog brzinskog rekorda na meti su jos dva: Elio Kastroneves ce pokusati jos jednom pobedom da se prikljuci besmrtnom drustvu cetvorostrukih pobednika (Fojt, Al Anser, Mirs), dok ce Ed Karpenter pokusati da bude prvi osvajac tri uzastopne pol pozicije za Indi 500.

Sest dosadasnjih pobednika na Indi 500 ce pokusati da se kvalifikuje za ovogodisnju trku, pored pomenutih Hanter-Reja i Kastronevesa tu su jos i Toni Kanan, Skot Dikson, Huanpablo Montoja i Badi Lazir. Sedam Indikar sampiona (Pauer, Borde, Dikson, Hanter-Rej, Kanan, Lazir, Montoja) i ukupno 20 pobednika na barem jednoj Indikar trci se nalazi medju potencijalnim starterima.

Ove godine imamo dvojicu rukija, GP2 izbeglicu Monegasanina Stefana Koletija i aktuelnog Indi Lajt sampiona Kolumbijca Gabija Cavesa.

Zvanicna startna lista (ceka se potvrda za jos jedno mesto): https://d1b8ufspcmik...20150510T120547

indy-500-2014.jpg

Program ovogodisnjeg Indija 500 zvanicno pocinje sutra u ponedeljak 11. maja ruki testom (iako je nezvanicno vec poceo na otvorenom testu 3. maja), kompletna testiranja kao i kvalifikacije moci cete da pratite ovde: http://racecontrol.indycar.com/

Rezultati testiranja od 3. maja ovde: http://www.imscdn.co...sults-pcomb.pdf

Kompletna satnica za Indi 500: https://d1b8ufspcmik...20150430T163709

Zvanicna veb stranica: http://www.indianapo.../events/indy500

#2 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:42

After successful road race, transition to oval

By Dave Lewandowski
Published: May 10, 2015

Less than two hours after celebrating Will Power’s victory in the Angie’s List Grand Prix of Indianapolis victory, the crew had stripped the No. 1 Verizon Team Penske chassis to its framework in the garage at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

“There’s another coming quickly,” said Team Penske competition director Kyle Moyer, referring to preparations for the 99th Running of the Indianapolis 500 Mile Race on May 24.

Similarly, IMS crews were in transition mode. Activity switches from the 2.439-mile, 14-turn road course to the 2.5-mile oval May 11 with practice scheduled from 2-7 p.m. (ET). Qualifications are May 16-17.

Power led 65 of the 82 laps and went on to finish 1.5023 seconds ahead of Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing’s Graham Rahal, who recorded his second consecutive runner-up placing in the No. 15 Steak ‘n Shake Honda in front of an enthusiastic crowd.

Spectators enjoyed the sprint, which had only one caution for two laps, from viewing mounds lining the infield portion of the road course and grandstands. Minutes after the race, fans were walking the circuit and grabbing selfies on the Yard of Bricks in the Speedway’s first-ever “Track Invasion.” Fans, Verizon IndyCar Series drivers and IMS and INDYCAR officials said the three-day race weekend, which include free admission for practice May 7 and an open pit walk, was a great way to continue the Month of May activities at the venerable venue. On May 3, 28 driver/car combinations had their first opportunity to test the new superspeedway aerodynamic bodywork platforms by Chevrolet and Honda.

“A year ago, before the first road course race, our aspiration was that it was such a resounding success that nobody would be thinking about whether we should be doing it again,” said Mark Miles, CEO of Hulman & Co., the parent of INDYCAR and IMS. “That was our view as to what came out of it and now people are really excited about it. Then we got to this year and we almost insidiously created the fourth weekend.

“With the 500 Festival you have the Mini Marathon and it made a lot of sense to have Rev, this second-year fundraiser for the IU and Methodist Hospital Foundations and INDYCAR needed to test superspeedway aero kits so we had cars on the track. All of a sudden we had a weekend and it just felt so right that it was May and so the track was alive. My inclination, having experienced that weekend, is that we don’t want to give it back. Four weekends in May is right for this place, and we simply need to be smart about creating great content for those fans and give them every reason to be out here.”

Next May’s Angie’s List Grand Prix of Indianapolis will be the precursor to the 100th Running of the Indianapolis 500. Wide-ranging activities and celebrations are being developed, and additional infrastructure improvements will be in place as part of the Speedway’s state-private Project 100 partnership.

“In 2016, it is about our history, but we’re also trying to intertwine that with the future and the investments,” Indianapolis Motor Speedway president J. Douglas Boles said. “The difference is more messaging-related. What does it look like over next 100 years? It’s a balancing act. Tradition sets us apart, but people look for more beyond 2016. That doesn’t mean we’re not going to be celebrating drivers, but we are focused on what does the future of Indianapolis Motor Speedway look like.”

Ticket sales for the 99th 500 Mile Race, according to Miles, are robust and ahead of last year through the first week of May. The calendar of Verizon IndyCar Series events also is bolstered by four consecutive weekends of ABC telecasts.

“To have that continuity on one of our broadcast partners I think has been a really good thing for total audience in May, which is one of the highlights of the year,” Miles added.

#3 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 16:58

Juan Pablo Montoya has led the championship points from the outset of the Verizon IndyCar Series season by virtue of his victory in the March 29 Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg and subsequent top-five finishes at New Orleans, Long Beach and the Angie’s List Grand Prix of Indianapolis on May 9.

It’s especially consequential to Montoya, who said the remainder of the 16-race season plays into his strengths. He leads Team Penke teammate and reigning series champion Will Power, winner of the Angie's List Grand Prix of Indianapolis, by five points (171-166). Helio Castroneves, who is seeking his fourth Indianapolis 500 win, is 10 points behind Montoya.

“We’ve got ourselves better and better as the year has gone on, and (the points lead) is good because I felt this would be the weakest part of my season,” Montoya said of the five road/street course races. “My goal this year was not to lose that many points coming to Indy. I know our strong part of the season should be the ovals, some of the road courses. 

“I was looking forward to not be that far behind because I know once the ovals start I can make up some points. Having the points coming into Indy, it's encouraging.  We were fastest in the open test (May 3). The car felt really good, too.”

Most recently, the biggest improvement over 2014 – Montoya’s first season back in Indy car racing after a 13-year absence – has come in qualifying. He advanced to the Firestone Fast Six, which determines the Verizon P1 Award winner and the first three rows on road/street courses, twice in the 12 races. This season, he qualified fourth and second, respectively, on the St. Petersburg and Long Beach street circuits, and was especially pleased by starting fourth on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course.

“If you look at NOLA, look at Barber, we were off the pace. Finally learned what we need to run in the car,” he said. “We figured out the street courses; we're really strong there. We found it here with the road course. I'm really happy with where we stand right now. Something that we have that really helps, being with Penske, you have four strong drivers, four ideas, four directions. Somebody's going to get it right. It means 90 percent of the time you're going to have a fast car.”

Now his attention turns to the 2.5-mile Indianapolis Motor Speedway oval, where Montoya qualified 10th and finished fifth last May. He won the race in 2000 after starting second. Qualifications are May 16-17 and the 99th Running of the Indianapolis 500 Mile Race on May 24.

“Physically, the GP is harder and the ‘500’ mentally harder because of how precise you have to be with the margin of error,” he said. “It’s a longer race, more chances for you to (mess) up. If you can minimize the mistakes, then you can have a shot at it.”

#4 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:50

- Kandidati za jedino preostalo mesto medju 34 prijavljenih za ovogodisnji Indi 500 u bolidu Dejla Kojna su Kinez Ho-Pin Tung (jedan Indikar start na Sonomi 2011. i neuspesan pokusaj da se kvalifikuje za Indi iste godine), proslogodisnji najbolji ruki Indi 500 Dzejms Dejvison (bio u kombinaciji za start u drugom bolidu ekipe Brajana Herte ali Herta nema novaca da izgura vise od jednog bolida) i Ketrin Leg koja je do sada dvaput startovala na Indiju, a iza sebe ima dve kompletne Indikar sezone pod sankcijom CCWS i jednu polovicnu u ujedinjenom Indikar sampionatu (plus jos jedan Indi).

#5 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:02

Danasnji program na Indiju je bio predvidjen za ruki orjentaciju i "refreser" za veterane, nazalost vreme je imalo druge namere tako da su ceo dan pljuskovi prekidali akciju na stazi i stvarali haos. Ipak, nekako je zavrseno sve sto je bilo planirano za danas, i kasno popodne je ostalo vremena i za slobodni trening svih timova. Sveukupno 30 vozaca je izvezlo makar i jedan krug (Penskijevci su uglavnom radili samo instalacione krugove, Pauer i Kastroneves po jedan, Montoja tri, jedino se Pazeno naradio sa 30). Ganasijevci su bili najbrzi, i predvodjeni mladim supertalentom Karamom (ovo mu je drugi Indi, te nema status rukija - inace na ostalim stazama se vodi kao ruki) a slede ga Dikson i Kanan. Najbolja Honda je Marko Andreti na cetvrtom mestu.

Brzine su nesto nize nego na treningu od 3. maja, ali to je za ocekivati zbog vremenskih (ne)prilika.

Rezultati od danas: http://www.imscdn.co...-results-p1.pdf

The chase for speed and unlocking the secrets of the new superspeedway aero kits began in earnest with the second day of practice for the 99th Running of the Indianapolis 500 Mile Race. Thirty cars logged nearly 1,100 laps on a day abbreviated by an early afternoon shower, with Sage Karam posting the fastest lap (225.802 mph) in the No. 8 Comfort Revolution/Big Machine Records Chevrolet.

"It's only the first day, so it's not about how fast you are today," said Karam, who finished an impressive ninth as a 19-year-old rookie in the 2014 Indianapolis 500. "It's about how fast you are on Sunday in two weeks. It definitely feels good, though. It's the first time I've ever been P1 at the (Indianapolis Motor) Speedway so it's a good feeling."

Two of Karam's Chip Ganassi Racing teammates, Scott Dixon and Tony Kanaan, were second (225.293) and third (225.217) on the speed chart, respectively. Marco Andretti led the Honda contingent, fourth overall at 225.184 mph in the No. 27 Snapple Andretti Autosport machine.

Chevrolet and Honda developed the aerodynamic bodywork packages that attach to the Dallara IR-12 chassis in the offseason. The aero kit components for road/street courses and short ovals were used in the first five Verizon IndyCar Series races of the season, with the superspeedway kit components unveiled May 3 at the opening day practice for the May 24 Indianapolis 500.

"We have a lot of work to do," Karam said. "The car's not anywhere near where we want it to be for race day or qualifying. I've got a great team. They worked really hard. They are making it a lot easier on us drivers by being as prepared as they are. We are picking this new aero kit apart and we're figuring it out every time we go out."

IMS Track Turnaround a Herculean Effort

As soon as the Angie's List Grand Prix of Indianapolis was complete Saturday evening, a Herculean effort to convert the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for oval track use began. Verizon IndyCar Series teams relocated their pits for Indianapolis 500 practice while Will Power was still conducting post-race interviews from the grand prix. As soon as fans finished their "track invasion" grid walk, IMS crews began removing nearly two miles of green Angie's List adhesive signage adorning track walls, which was followed by painting those sections of the walls a crisp new white.

The wall and fence crews started Sunday morning, removing fence panels and track fencing before they could focus on moving and resetting more than two million pounds of concrete wall and barriers - 16,000 pounds (eight tons) at a time. A fleet of equipment was involved, including a 100-ton crane, 70-ton crane, half-dozen fork trucks, pickups, trailers, four-wheelers, utility vehicles and more. Much of the work was centered on closing off the inside of the Turns 2 and 4 ovals, areas where the road course ventured off the oval.

All told, 80-some personnel and more than 1,000 man hours went into converting the track.

Minimizing Mental Mistakes Key to '500' Success, Says Montoya

Now that he has experienced the Indianapolis 500 and Angie's List Grand Prix of Indianapolis two times each, Juan Pablo Montoya can succinctly sum up the difference in his mind.

"Physically, the GP is harder and the '500' mentally harder because of how precise you have to be with the margin of error," said Montoya, who won the Indy 500 in 2000 and finished third in Saturday's Angie's List Grand Prix. "It's a longer race (the '500'), more chances for you to (mess) up. If you can minimize the mistakes, then you can have a shot at it."

Of Note:

Two-time Indianapolis 500 winner Al Unser Jr. is serving as a spotter for Townsend Bell (Dreyer & Reinbold-Kingdom Racing) this month. He joins four-time winner Rick Mears (Team Penske) and 2004 winner Buddy Rice (CFH Racing) as former winners on the spotter stand.

#6 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:16

Nove boje za Gradonacelnika Hinca:

11236227_1605309729738825_1933438025_n.j

#7 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:36

#8 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 20:30

Na polovini danasnjeg programa u Indijanapolisu najbrzi je Kastroneves sa 227.5 mph (nekih 5 mph brze od proslogodisnjih vremena u ovo doba) ispred Pazenoa i Vilsona kao najbrze Honde. 30 bolida na stazi danas, i za sada deluje da su Seviji i Honde prilicno ravnopravni.

#9 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:20

Simona se ponovo zapalila, devojka bas nema srece! :krsta:

Andretti Autosport’s Simona de Silvestro suffered her third fire in five visits to the Indianapolis 500. The 26-year-old Swiss driver pulled out of the pits for a practice run just after 2 p.m. ET and was seen trailing smoke behind her No. 29 Andretti Autosport Honda.

Exiting Turn 2, the smoke quickly turned into a small fire, and by the time she approached Turn 3, flames began to engulf the white and orange Indy car. De Silvestro pulled over and stopped on the infield grass, and climbed from the car unharmed as the back of the open-wheel machine spewed flames and black smoke.

With the charred car back in the garage, the team soon found the root of the fire – a faulty refueling buckeye that allowed ethanol to pour onto the exhaust headers.

“We were going down the straightaway then I looked in my mirror and saw the car was on fire,” said de Silvestro. “It's definitely unfortunate because the car is pretty burnt down, and it's really frustrating that it seems like fire follows me. Maybe this time is third times the charm, and hopefully the team can get the car back together as quickly as possible.

“Until now, everything was working fine, and it's just annoying because it's a pretty big setback for us, but I have four great teammates and that will make it easier for us to continue moving forward.

“Hopefully we’ll be on track tomorrow.”

Simona de Silvestro speaks with The RACER Channel after her Andretti Autosport Honda went up in flames during practice, and tells us about the experience and what's up next during her delayed week of activities.

Edited by Rad-oh-yeah?, 13 May 2015 - 01:42.

#10 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:32

Rezultati od danas: http://www.imscdn.co...-results-p2.pdf

Kastroneves je ostao na celu, on nije popravio svoje vreme ali Pazeno je uspeo samo da mu se dodatno priblizi a ne i da ga pretekne. Na trece mesto se ugurao Dikson a Dzastin Vilson je pao na cetvrto. Bolid #19 Dejl Kojn Rejsinga se pojavio na stazi sa Dzejmsom Dejvisonom za volanom, sto znaci da sada vise ne bi trebalo da bude nepoznanica.

Videli smo 33 vozaca u 34 bolida (Marko Andreti je okrenuo par krugova u #26 Karlosa Munjoza), fali jos samo Badi Lazir ciji bolid treba da bude spreman u cetvrtak.

The expected gain in miles per hour from the superspeedway aerodynamic bodywork components on the Verizon IndyCar Series cars is becoming more evident with each practice day for the 99th Running of the Indianapolis 500 Mile Race. 

Three-time 500 champion Helio Castroneves showed he can go fast with and without a "tow" using the new aero kits. Castroneves posted the fastest overall lap as well as the best lap without the aid of cars cutting the air in front of him in the third practice session on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway oval.

Driving the No. 3 Shell V-Power Nitro+ Team Penske Chevrolet, Castroneves clocked the quickest overall lap of 227.514 mph less than an hour into day. He returned in the closing 60 minutes, known as "Happy Hour," to run a lap of 225.315 without a tow from cars in front.

Aero kits were introduced this season to Verizon IndyCar Series competition from manufacturers Chevrolet and Honda, and have helped set track records most everywhere the series has run in 2015. The Indianapolis 500 marks the first time the superspeedway kits have been in use, but their advantage is plain. Castroneves' fast lap today, in just the third practice session, is already better than any lap posted through the first five sessions a year ago. And speeds are known to increase as the practice week progresses.

Castroneves, currently third in the championship standings behind teammates Juan Pablo Montoya and Will Power, said there is still work to be done that could achieve even more speedy dividends.

"It was a good day," Castroneves said. "The Shell V-Power Nitro+ car was super strong, super solid, felt comfortable. Now we've got to just keep working with this new aero kit. Today was basically the second day that we've been working constantly, but I like what I see. 

"Things are looking in the right direction. We're not focused on just the lap, we're focused on the performance of it all."

Castroneves' third Penske teammate, Simon Pagenaud, was second fastest overall at 227.382 mph in the No. 22 Avaya Team Penske Chevrolet, followed by Scott Dixon at 226.769 mph in the No. 9 Target Chip Ganassi Racing Chevrolet.

Justin Wilson, driving his second race for Andretti Autosport, was fourth overall and the quick Honda at 226.688, but his engine appeared to let go on the frontstretch of the 2.5-mile oval, putting an end to the six-hour session a few minutes early.

"I looked in the mirror and there was a lot of smoke coming out of the exhaust so, yeah, it's unfortunate," Wilson said. "I don't know any more than that right now. But looking back over the day, I think we've had a pretty good day. The car's been quick. We tried a couple of different setups that the team's got going on. Both feel pretty good and quick."

Practice resumes May 13-15. Two days of qualifying May 16-17 will set the 33-car grid for the "Greatest Spectacle in Racing." After that, all that's left before the May 24 race is afternoon practice on May 18 and the traditional Carb Day one-hour practice on May 22.

Edited by Rad-oh-yeah?, 13 May 2015 - 01:41.

#11 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:41

Novi momenti Sevijevog aero-paketa na Kastronevesovom bolidu danas (drugacije resenje sajdpoda):

R6PNjik.jpg

#12 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:28

Notes: Tagliani carries daughter with him on track
By Dave Lewandowski
Published: May 13, 2015

Alex Tagliani, who joined wife Bronte in welcoming their first child April 16, has a special tribute to Eva-Rose on his helmet at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

“She’s beautiful and special. It definitely makes you realize and appreciate what it takes to raise a child,” said Tagliani, who turned his first laps May 12 on the 2.5-mile Indianapolis Motor Speedway oval in the No. 48 Alfe Heat Treating Special for AJ Foyt Racing.

“It’s the biggest accomplishment you can have in my thinking. The best description of fatherhood will never be the way it is until you live it.”

Tagliani, 41, will seek to make his seventh Indianapolis 500 Mile Race start May 24.

“My wife says you have to be in it to win it,” said Tagliani, the 2009 race Rookie of the Year who earned the pole for the 2011 race and has a best finish of 10th after starting fifth in 2010. “I was able to live all the emotions of qualifying and Bump Day and rookie of the year, and in 2011 I got the pole. It’s the elusive win that you’re searching for. Being here means all of that and I’m thankful to Alfe and for Larry (Foyt) and A.J. to have selected me and giving me the chance.”

The car number and paint scheme for the third AJ Foyt Racing entry is a tribute to racing veteran and longtime friend Dan Gurney, who co-drove with Foyt to victory in the 1967 24 Hours of Le Mans in a Ford GT 40 Mk IV. Gurney then went on to take his black and bright white No. 48 car to second-place finishes in both the 1968 and 1969 Indianapolis 500.

“I drove for Roger (Penske) and Chip (Ganassi), and driving for A.J. at the Speedway is very special because of the legacy, the name and the family,” Tagliani said. “The last time that Dan Gurney was here was in 2011 when I had a pole driving a black and white car. Now I’m with the black and white car in honor of the livery that he and A.J. drove at Le Mans, so hopefully it will bring us luck.”

Fans can win if Graham Rahal does

If Graham Rahal wins the Indianapolis 500, fans can win, too – a free reserved ticket to the MAVTV 500 on June 27 at Auto Club Speedway, that is.

Fans purchasing a full-price reserved ticket to the Verizon IndyCar Series race at the 2-mile oval in Fontana, Calif., by noon (ET) May 24 will have the ticket cost refunded if Rahal, driver of the No. 15 Steak ‘n Shake Honda for Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing, wins the 99th Indy 500. Reserved seats for the MAVTV 500, the 11th race on the 2015 schedule, start at $55.

“Honestly, the way Graham’s been running lately (second-place finishes in the past two races) and knowing his lineage, I was a little nervous signing off on this promotion at first,” said Dave Allen, president of Auto Club Speedway. “But now, how cool would it be for fans attending the MAVTV 500 to get money back in their pockets if he wins the Indianapolis 500? I know he’s stoked about the month of May in Indianapolis and this gives our fans a reason to be stoked as well.”

To purchase tickets, visit www.autoclubspeedway.com/grahamwins or call (800) 944-7223.

Spotted among the spotters

Two-time Indianapolis 500 winner Al Unser Jr. is serving as a spotter for Townsend Bell (Dreyer & Reinbold-Kingdom Racing).

He joins four-time winner Rick Mears (Team Penske) and 2004 winner Buddy Rice (CFH Racing) as former winners on the spotter stand. Former Indy car driver is a spotter for Takuma Sato (AJ Foyt Racing).

Streets of distinction

The three members of the Indianapolis 500’s most exclusive club are newly honored on streets inside the Indianapolis Motor Speedway oval.

Drive around the infield now and you might find yourself on Foyt Drive, Unser Lane or Mears Way, named of course for four-time “500” winners A.J. Foyt, Al Unser and Rick Mears.

Of note

Chip Ganassi Racing Teams’ fifth entry for the Indianapolis 500 -- the No. 17 AFS Chip Ganassi Racing Chevrolet driven by  Sebastian Saavedra -- will have Mike O’Gara as its race strategist. O’Gara, team manager of Ganassi’s sports car program, formerly was with Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing and Dreyer & Reinbold Racing. … The No. 41 AJ Foyt Racing Honda driven by Jack Hawksworth and No. 8 Chip Ganassi Racing Teams Chevrolet driven by Sage Karam reached the 2,500-mile engine change-out threshold in practice May 12. Engine 2 will be installed for May 13 practice.

#13 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 17:52

Indy 500: Work continues on de Silvestro’s post-fire rebuild
Wednesday, 13 May 2015
Marshall Pruett

Andretti Autosport’s month of May has gotten off to a busier start than anticipated. Tuesday was especially tough as a big fuel fire ravaged the back of Simona de Silvestro’s No. 29 Honda at 2:07 p.m., and by 5:55 p.m., Justin Wilson’s No. 25 Honda was in need of an engine change after the 2.2-liter twin-turbo V6 expired.

Getting Wilson’s car ready for action today was handled with ease by his Andretti mechanics, but resurrecting de Silvestro’s charred Dallara DW12 will take more time. The team made the quick decision to load the car into a small trailer and transport the car to its nearby shot where an immediate inspection began.

According to Rob Edwards, Andretti Autosport’s director of race operations and engineering, the teardown revealed a major workload would be required to get the No. 29 back in running order.

“Everything from the rear bulkhead back is getting replaced,” Edwards told RACER Wednesday morning.

A fresh engine will be fitted to de Silvestro’s car after the previous engine has all of its wiring, electronics, and carbon fiber ducting burned beyond repair. The Dallara DW12 tub was not damaged in the fire caused by a faulty refueling buckeye O-ring that allowed ethanol to spill onto the back of the car. Once new bodywork and running gear is fitted, Edwards expects to see the Swiss driver back in action on Thursday.

“We will be on track tomorrow,” he confirmed.

#14 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 17:59

Danasnji trening za Indi je poceo pre nekih sat vremena, Pazeno je trenutno na vrhu sa 227,4 mph (mnogo brzo za ovo doba dana, najbrza vremena obicno padaju tokom tzv 'hepi aura' izmedju 5 i 6 predvece, na samom kraju dana). Borde je u Klausonovom #88, Kaluson se juce zalio na setap, otkriven je defekt na bolidu koji je u toku noci otklonjen pa sada iskusniji Sibas proverava da li je sve u redu.

Kao sto pise u vesti iznad, Simona ce danasnji dan presedeti dok joj tim ne napravi novi bolid nakon jucerasnje vatre, ocekuje se nazad na stazi sutra.

#15 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 18:08

Tezak udes Kastronevesa, na srecu nepovredjen je ali je izgledalo jako gadno!

Helio Castroneves spun in Turn 2, crashing and flipping backwards before landing on all four tires. The Brazilian climbed from the car under his own power and appeared somewhat shaken up from the wild ride. This was the first crash during the month of May.

2015Indy500_MarshallPruett_Wed513__036.j

2015Indy500_MarshallPruett_Wed513__034.j

Video:

Edited by Rad-oh-yeah?, 13 May 2015 - 20:30.