Ja sam u krugu light / delicate  :)

#17 Doorn

Doorn
  • Members
  • 14,739 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:21

The Top 10 Most Expensive Whiskies in the World
the-macallan-19461.jpg

One of the best ways to end a day is by enjoying a glass or two of whiskey. Strong and relaxing, whiskey is a distilled alcoholic beverage created out of fermented grain mash. While different kinds of grains may be used, such as barley, corn, rye or wheat, all of them are aged to perfection in wooden barrels generally made out of charred white oak.

Some of the best whiskies have been in storage for decades. Here is a list of the top 10 most expensive whiskies in the world.

1. Macallan 1946 – $460,000

Lalique-Cire-Perdue-1.jpg

This bottle of single malt whiskey in a LaliqueCire Perdue decanter was sold in 2010 at an auction, with the proceeds going to charity. This whiskey is unusual in that it was made with peated malt because of the then-prohibitive prices of coal that shot up because of World War II. This is a classic Macallan and one of the best ever released.

2. Glenfiddich Janet Sheed Roberts Reserve 1955 – $94,000

record-breaker-glenfiddich-janet-sheed-r

Glenfiddich had a barrel of Scotch whiskey that has been aging since New Year’s Eve of 1955. When Janet Sheed Roberts, the granddaughter of Glenfiddich’s founder William Grant, passed away at the ripe old age of 110, the company decided to honor her by making 15 bottles from the said barrel. Four were kept by the family while the rest were auctioned off. A whiskey connoisseur from Atlanta bought one of them for $94,000. The whiskey has been acclaimed for its floral, fruity and sweet taste.

3. Macallan 1926 – $75,000

14377-04-macallan-fine-and-rare-1926-exp

This is the oldest in the Fine and Rare collection of Macallan. It was distilled in 1926 and bottled only in 1986. Only 40 bottles were produced. The single malt blend is dry and concentrated as no water has been added. The color reflects that of the old barrel. A businessman from South Korea bought this bottle in 2005.

4. Dalmore 62 Single Highland Malt Scotch Matheson – $58,000

9f00GI5a.jpg

This is a blend of four single malt whiskies that were distilled in different years. Only 12 bottles were made in 1942, each of which was given names unique but relevant to the Dalmore Estate. The most expensive was the Matheson, named after Alexander Matheson, the owner of the estate. An anonymous buyer bought this in 2005. He quicly opened it and finished it with five of his closest friends.

5. Glenfiddich 1937 – $20,000

glenfiddich_1937_bottle_of_whisky_fetche

This is from the Rare Collection of Glenfiddich. It was distilled in 1937 in the company’s plant in Scotland. Left to age gracefully, the barrel was then opened and the whiskey was bottled in 2001. Only 61 bottles were made. The whiskey is said to have a rich walnut color, though it has hints of cedar, cinnamon, cloves and toffee. The bottle was bought at a charity auction in New York in 2006.

6. Macallan 55-Year-Old – $12,500

macallan-55-year-old-scotch-whisky.jpg

This whiskey was distilled in a sherry oak barrel and aged for 55 years. The single malt whiskey was then bottled in a Lalique Crystal Decanter, made by Rene Lalique who created a similar perfume bottle in 1910. The drink was said to have a dark rosewood color that exuded a nice smell that similar to peat smoke and sweet dried fruits. While the soft and smooth taste had a hint of citrus flavor, it was also noted to be a bit spicy.

7. Dalmore 50-Year-Old – $11,000

DALMORE-50.jpg

This is one of the best 50-year-old whiskies ever made and it is a much sought after drink all over the world. The whiskey was first distilled in 1920. It was then bottled in 1978, with only 60 bottles being produced. The bottles themselves were made of crystal decanters. The whiskey showed a deep amber hue. The taste itself is fresh, yet refined. It also had a flavor similar to that of a citrus. The drink also exhibited some spice and zest once the drinker tastes it.

8. Glenfarclas 1955 – $10,878

Glenfarclas_1955-whisky.jpg

In 1865, John Grant bought the Glenfarclas Distillery in Ballindalloch in Scotland from Robert Hay. The distillery, at that time, was already running for 29 years. To celebrate his ancestor’s birthday, George Grant handpicked a barrel in 1955 that would honor the man who started the family business. This barrel was then bottled in 2005, or 50 years to the day after it was laid out in a wooden cask. The barrel was able to fill 110 bottles, all of which were sold even before the drink became available on the market. The whiskey has the usual Speyside malt taste associated with Glenfarclas. The whiskey drinker can also noticeably discern a heavy influence of sherry.

9. Macallan 1939 – $10,125

dr18.jpg

The Macallan 1939 comes from the distillery company’s Fine and Rare collection. The whiskey was first bottled in 1979 after the company had it aged for 40 years. It comes in one of their classic Lalique crystal decanter. Macallan is known for producing a strong collection of whiskeys and admittedly, this may pale in comparison to the three others on this list, especially when tasted side by side with the Macallan 1946 and Macallan 1926. The advantage of the Macallan 1939, however, is that it is more widely available and a lot more inexpensive as well. Yet, you will still get to enjoy the soft and smooth taste normally associated with its more expensive siblings, as well as smell the fine aroma that Macallan whiskeys are known for.

10. Chivas Regal Royal Salute 50-years-old – $10,000

Most-expensive-scotch-Chivas-Regal-Royal

To celebrate the golden jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II in 2002, Chivas Regal released a specially-made whiskey called the Chivas Regal Royal Salute. Just like the queen’s ascension to the throne, this whiskey was also laid to a barrel in 1952 and aged for 50 years. It was then bottled in time for the celebration. Around 255 bottles were made. The whiskey is said to contain a raisin and cloudy anise flavor.

#18 hoorayforpeepee

hoorayforpeepee
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 13:23

Bravo za temu! Od mojih drugara niko ne pije viski, ponekad mi žena pravi društvo, ali najčešće nemam s kim da podelim utiske. Kupujem samo kvalitetne i proverene brendove, blended i single malt. Probao sam i burbon i ne sviđa mi se. Mogu da popijem, nikad ne bih odbio Woodford Reserve ili neko je pomenuo Kentucky Straight Rye(taj nikako da probam, a svi ga hvale), ali generalno nije moj fazon. Inače ne kupujem američke/kanadske viskije, fokusirao sam se na Irsku i Škotsku, što je sasvim dovoljno.

Pijenje viskija sam pretvorio u totalni fetiš, vodim računa o svakom detalju: imam svoju omiljenu čašu, podmetač, fotelju... tu su i cigare. Pijem ga uglavnom čist, onako kako su ga u destileriji osmislili i proizveli. Nikad neću shvatiti ljude koji sipaju malo vode u viski ili još gore koka-kolu? Izbegavam čak i da ga previše rashladim, jer tako dosta izgubi na ukusu. Kad flašu staviš na led i zamagliš je, postane nekako sav uljast. Bude izuzetno pitak, ali to nije to, tako možeš i brlju da popiješ isto ti dodje. Puno obraćam pažnju na miris, jer sva čula u telu su povezana i uvek pustim da me miris uvede u ukus (ko nije probao dosad, savetujem da proba). Pre nego što uzmem prvi gutalj, uvek zabodem prvo nos u čašu i tri puta pomirišem. Jednom kad pomirišeš zapahne te samo čist alkohol. Tek iz drugog ili trećeg pokušaja možeš da osetiš razne arome, finoću i razliku u mirisu, zavisno od toga šta ti je u čaši.

Glenlivet 12 i Glenfiddich 12 su odličan start za novajliju, oni zapravo i jesu "entry level" single malt viskiji, i po ceni i po kompleksnosti ukusa. Nećeš pogrešiti koji god da izabereš od ta dva, sličnog su ukusa, voćne arome, lagani. Moja žena obožava Glenlivet, ali 15YO. On je k'o pamuk, tako lepo klizne niz grlo, ma perfektan je. Ostalo ga je još malo u flaši i to ljubomorno čuvam, nemam gde da nadjem da ponovo kupim.

Talisker 10YO nisam još probao, ali pouzdano znam da nije za svakoga(peat & smoke), ljudi to ili obožavaju ili mrze, jer skroz je hevi fazon. Meni se lično dopada, ali nisam baš uvek rasploložen za njih. Zaista su teški i ja ih uglavnom pijem samo zimi. Kome se Talisker svidja, preporučujem da proba Laphroaig i Lagavulin. Verovatno i Ardbeg, ali ne mogu da tvrdim jer ga nisam probao.

Chivas Regal je solidan blend, ali kad vidim tu flašu i kutiju... Znači potpisujem svaku reč što je Kinik gore napisao, rekao bih da je iz Beograda, a i da smo tu negde po godinama.

Ove mape ukusa sam i ja iskopao prošle godine na netu. Problem je samo kako u Srbiji doći do tih brendova?

#19 Doorn

Doorn
  • Members
  • 14,739 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 14:23

Meni, posto volim Glenlivet 12 i Glenfiddich 12 , je preporucen Belvanie 12 yr doublewood

Mislim da bi ovo takodje bio dobar izbor za tebe i tvoju zenu. 

545d134e39a7c.jpeg

The Balvenie DoubleWood is a 12 year old single malt which gains its distinctive character from being matured in two wood types. Over the period of maturation it is transferred from a traditional oak whisky cask to a first fill European oak sherry cask. Each stage lends different qualities to the resulting single malt ~ the traditional casks soften and add character, whilst the sherry wood brings depth and fullness of flavour.

TASTING NOTES

NOSE

Sweet fruit and Oloroso sherry notes, layered with honey and vanilla.

TASTE

Smooth and mellow with beautifully combined flavours ~ nutty sweetness, cinnamon spiciness and a delicately proportioned layer of sherry.

FINISH

Long and Warming

#20 hoorayforpeepee

hoorayforpeepee
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 14:55

Ok je Balvenie. Mislim da je malo skuplji od ova dva, i taman toliko i bolji. To su jako kvalitetna pića, sve ostalo je stvar ukusa. Meni lično u tom nekom srednjem cenovnom rangu 30-50 evra je najbolji Glenmorangie 10YO. Ako budeš u prilici, obavezno uzmi, nećeš se pokajati. Posle toliko godina i dalje je moj omiljeni Highland Malt

Nectar.jpg

Edited by hoorayforpeepee, 31 March 2015 - 15:41.

#21 Doorn

Doorn
  • Members
  • 14,739 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 15:09

Meni lično u tom nekom srednjem cenovnom rangu 30-50 evra je najbolji Glenmorangie 10YO. Ako budeš u prilici, obavezno uzmi, nećeš se pokajati. Posle toliko godina i dalje je moj omiljeni Highland Malt

Interesntano:

Tasting Notes

Aroma: The scent of citrus and ripening peaches is softened by the aroma of vanilla.

Taste: First, vanilla is detected on the tongue before it ripples along the palate bringing a burst of flowery fruitiness.

Finish: About a minute after tasting, you are left with a clean and salving aftertaste with hints of orange and peach.

Stavicu ga u wishlist zajedno sa Balvenie i Aberlour 12yr Double cask

#22 hoorayforpeepee

hoorayforpeepee
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 15:33

Ovaj Aberloar nisam nikad probao, nema kod nas da se nadje. Aj ako ga probas pisi kakav je, interesuje me.

#23 Kinik

Kinik
  • Members
  • 43,426 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 23:25

Kako je govorio onaj stari Shkot sinu:

Sine, kad zelis da popijes mali gutljaj whiskeya, a ti prstima zatvori nos.

Jer od divajn arome hoce da ti voda podje na usta, a whiskey i voda - to ne valja!

:lol+:

Doduse, konosijeri kazu da nije lose sipati malu kasicicu vode u whiskey - 'razigra' mu arome.

I uvek i na savakom mestu cuvena izreka sir W. Churchilla - 'whiskey mi je dao vise nego ja njemu'!

:+1:

#24 sreta-steta

sreta-steta
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 00:58

Jos jedna pohvala za temu. Elem, slabo mi idu i Skotski i Irski. Ono sto volim to je:

- Lagavulin: baza mase blended viskija. Jasan i cist ukus;

- Highland park: ovo je perfekcija. Savrsen balans dima i nekog vocnog ukusa (ako sam zapamtio dobro, burad su od konjaka)

- Johnny Walker Blue: odlicno i pitko. Ko kaze da blended viskiji nisu dobri, nema pojma o uzivanju u picu. Sustina je u balansu a ovaj viski ga ima. 

Ostalo mi bas tesko ide, eto neko je pomenuo gore Balviene (ili tako nesto)... ja tu casicu nisam mogao da progutam. Uzas, taj dim mi je toliko smetao da to nije normalno. 

Ali, za burbone sam majstor. Evo moje liste:

- Woodford reserve: sa ovim znate sta dobijate. Blag ukus, pitak, ne previse sladak niti neki specijalan ukus, ali slicno JWu vrlo uravnotezen. 

- Blantons: konjic na vrhu sa Kentaki derbija (ako se ne varam). Njam od burbona

- Four roses small batch. Jak ko zemlja, oko 50 stepeni. Od toga se postaje Townes Van Zandt

I za kraj po meni kralj: Makers Mark. Ne znam... to je vise osecaj, kao nekada vinjak: ne prasta. Ujutru boli glava cisto da ne zaboravis da si pio ozbiljno pice. Bilo je tu svega (JD je takodje savrsen, mada to vode negde kao viski), jim beam, wild turkey... Nisam pio ryeve i to me zanima, takodje i moonshineri, ali nikako da nam se ukrste putevi. 

Takodje, ne znam koliko je za savet, ali ja burbone pijem iskljucivo iz shota ne iz siroke case. Nije to meni pice za pijuckanje, vec za u glavu pravo (valjda ih zato i ne pijem vise toliko). I gase se iskljucivo pivom, nekim lagerom sto laksim. 

toliko od mene

#25 Kinik

Kinik
  • Members
  • 43,426 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:25

... Highland park: ovo je perfekcija. Savrsen balans dima i nekog vocnog ukusa 

... (ako sam zapamtio dobro, burad su od konjaka) ...

... JWB ... 

Zaista, mnogi konosijeri hvale 'Highland Park'.

Uvek su burad od 'cognaca ' sheery-ja' koriscena za tzv. 'sherifikovani whiskey'.

Cognac i whiskey imaju sko istu tehnologiju.

Cognac na osnovi vinskog destilata (od grozdja / komine), a whiskey na osnovi jecma.

Kao votka na osnovi psenice / heljde / prosa.

Kako savetuju conosijeri, izbegavaj skupe 'blended' labels.

Uzmi, recimo, 'Teachers' sa 45% pure malta.

Tnx, - no daj nesto od burbona - i sa slicicama.

Jesi li probao ovaj?

#26 hoorayforpeepee

hoorayforpeepee
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:33

Jedina dva blended koja trenutno imam u kućnom kabinetu i koja zavređuju mesto su Bushmills Black i Jameson Select Reserve. Jameson je plafon cena koju treba platiti za blend. Teacher's je sasvim pristojan blend, "budget drum", meni je lično najbolji od jeftinih viskija. Nije baš od onih koji klizne niz grlo, ali kolko para tolko muzike...

irish_bus2.jpgjamesonSelectReserve.jpg  

#27 Doorn

Doorn
  • Members
  • 14,739 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:31

Kako je govorio onaj stari Shkot sinu:

Sine, kad zelis da popijes mali gutljaj whiskeya, a ti prstima zatvori nos.

Jer od divajn arome hoce da ti voda podje na usta, a whiskey i voda - to ne valja!

:lol+:

Doduse, konosijeri kazu da nije lose sipati malu kasicicu vode u whiskey - 'razigra' mu arome.

I uvek i na savakom mestu cuvena izreka sir W. Churchilla - 'whiskey mi je dao vise nego ja njemu'!

:+1:

Picajzla mode on  :D  : ne vjerujem da je Shkot spomenuo whiskEy 

Za vodu sam isto cuo. Jos kao mora i da bude pure Shkotska rijecica. Mislim da malo i pretjeruju ovi nerds iz raznih whisky societies.

- Highland park: ovo je perfekcija. Savrsen balans dima i nekog vocnog ukusa (ako sam zapamtio dobro, burad su od konjaka)

I ja sam cuo da je dobar. Destilira se na ostrvu Orkney. Ostrvki viski, ali nije Islay. Ima tu lakocu i zacin Speyside i malo te slankasti i dima Isley-a.

Edited by Trn, 01 April 2015 - 08:48.

#28 hoorayforpeepee

hoorayforpeepee
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 11:34

Ajd pšite šta trenutno imate u kućnoj kolekciji?! Tako će se najbolje videti ko šta voli i ceni, a i možda dobijem inspiraciju za svoj kabinet :)

Evo ja ću prvi da izložim:

Blended:

Bushmills Black Bush (everyday drum)

Jameson Black Barrel Select Reserve

Bourbon:

Four Roses (ok burbon za malo para)

Single Malt:

Glenlivet 15yr

Glenmorangie 10yr

Laphroaig 10yr Islay (kad se popije dolazi Ardbeg na njegovo mesto)

ardbeg.jpg

JE L ZNA NEKO NEKU MALO BOLJE OPREMLJENU PRODAVNICU U BEOGRADU?

Edited by hoorayforpeepee, 01 April 2015 - 12:01.

#29 Doorn

Doorn
  • Members
  • 14,739 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 11:43

Single Malt

Highland Queen Majesty 16yr (zamjena za skoro popijeni Glenfiddich 12yr) 

Glenlivet 12yr

On the wishlist:

1. Balvenie 12 yr doublewood

2. Highland Park 12 yr 

3. Glenmorangie

4. Aberlour 12 yr Double Cask

Edited by Trn, 01 April 2015 - 12:08.

#30 hoorayforpeepee

hoorayforpeepee
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 14:31