Photo
- - - - -

McLaren 2014

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
359 replies to this topic

#1 Doorn

Doorn
  • Members
  • 14,739 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 16:48

McLaren to launch MP4-29 on January 24

7 January 2014 – McLaren will present its latest F1 car, the MP4-29, in an online-only digital launch on January 24.

The outfit, which finished fifth in the 2013 Constructors' standings, is only the second team to confirm that it will be ready for the opening pre-season test at Jerez, taking place over four days from January 28-31.

Mercedes announced earlier on Tuesday that its new W05 is to be unveiled on the morning of the first test.

Lotus is the only other team to publicly mention its launch plans thus far; although a definitive date has not been set, the squad has revealed that it will skip the first of the three gatherings in order to optimise development time.

16 January 2014 – Ron Dennis has been re-appointed as CEO of the McLaren Group with immediate effect. The 66-year-old takes over from current Team Principal Martin Whitmarsh, whose future at the team is uncertain.

Dennis previously acted as CEO of the Group from 1982 to 2012 and was Team Principal of the marque's Formula 1 arm between the 1982 and 2009 campaigns before becoming Group Chairman in 2013.

Whitmarsh inherited the role of CEO after Dennis stepped back from the front-line of the organisation, but last season the Woking-based outfit failed to record a single podium finish for the first time since 1980.

It has not yet been confirmed how the change in management structure will affect Whitmarsh.

"My fellow shareholders have mandated me to write an exciting new chapter in the story of McLaren, beginning by improving our on-track and off-track performance," said Dennis after his expanded role was announced.

"Over the coming weeks I intend to undertake a thorough and objective review of each of our businesses with the intention of optimising every aspect of our existing operations, whilst identifying new areas of growth that capitalise on our technologies, and where appropriate further investing in them.

"During February, I will articulate a new Group strategy and implement the organisational structure best suited to achieving it. I am excited by the prospect of returning to the role of Group Chief Executive Officer and working with my many colleagues and fellow shareholders to fulfil our objective – which is to win at whatever we do."

Dennis will remain Chairman of McLaren Automotive, the road car subsidiary of the brand.

12:24 – McLaren has passed the FIA's mandatory crash tests with its latest Formula 1 car, the MP4-29.

Last week, various media outlets claimed that the Woking-based outfit had been struggling to prepare its new challenger for the opening pre-season test at the Circuito de Jerez, which takes place from January 28-31.

When contacted by GPUpdate.net in the wake of the speculation, a McLaren spokesman admitted that the tests had not been passed, but played down concerns and insisted that the situation was under control.

With the stringent tests now successfully completed, the squad can look forward to its online-only digital presentation this coming Friday, before travelling to southern Spain for the first gathering of the year.

14:53 – McLaren has made clear that it will not be announcing a new title sponsor when its 2014 Formula 1 car is unveiled later this week, following Vodafone's decision to cut its ties with the team at the end of last season.

The Woking-based outfit enjoyed a strong partnership with the telecommunications giant from the 2007 campaign, and rumours have been building as to which brand will fill the sizeable gap moving forward.

But speaking to Pitpass, Managing Director Jonathan Neale said: "We won't be announcing a new title partner when we launch our new MP4-29 on January 24th, but our roster of sponsors remains the envy of the pit lane."

Neale added that, due to McLaren's large collection of partners, and its status as a private organisation, the team finds itself with the biggest operating budget of its history as the upcoming season draws closer.

"I'm pleased to say that McLaren Racing will have a larger operational budget available to it in 2014 than it's had in any previous season in McLaren's history," Neale went on to explain. "We're in good shape."

Last week, Ron Dennis was reinstated as CEO of the McLaren Group, taking over from Martin Whitmarsh.

#2 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 19:58

ART GP rumoured to be McLaren ‘B’ team in GP2 from 2014

Rumours are surfacing that the McLaren F1 team are in advanced talks with a GP2 series outfit to make the French ART Grand Prix team a ‘B’ team for the legendary British team.

McLaren would use ART in conjunction with Honda to develop young drivers and prime them for Formula 1. Honda themselves could also promote a Japanese driver to the GP2 team, especially as Honda are returning to Formula 1 for the 2015 season.

A deal is apparently imminent for young Belgian Stoffel Vandoorne to join the ART GP2 team in 2014. The 2013 Formula Renault 3.5 Series runner-up is already part of the McLaren young driver programme, and would be an ideal candidate for the ‘B’ team.

Vandoorne is expected to join the GP2 series rather than stay in the Formula Renault 3.5 series, as it would be a different challenge for the 21-year-old. A second year would not be that beneficial, as it would be expected that Vandoorne would and should win the championship, and anything less could be thought of as a failure. A move into GP2 therefore makes sense as it would enable the Belgian to learn more and prepare to move on into Formula 1 in the next few years, especially as GP2 runs on F1 circuits.

As previously mentioned, his team-mate could come from Japan. Three names have been thrown out there, including the 2013 Super Formula champion Naoki Yamamoto. The 22-year-old already has the support of Honda, and has previously expressed eagerness to race in Europe.

A second Japanese name linked is Koudai Tsukakoshi, who has previously raced in the F3 Euroseries in 2008 with minimal success. He is already 27-years-old so he might have missed his chance. However, the Japanese often overlook age and it could give Tsukakoshi the chance.

A third name being linked, but the outsider of them all, is Takuya Izawa, who is 29-years-old. Honda seem to want to be taken seriously this time around, and it is thought Izawa would be too much of a risk.

If indeed ART GP become the McLaren ‘B’ team, it could be a good thing for all parties involved. ART would get the funding from above to hire decent drivers, and McLaren would have an outlet to put their young drivers in a competitive race seat.

2013 obviously was not a great year for McLaren, but for the Woking team they must be hoping 2014 will be much better. They have Magnussen stepping up to F1 this year, and Vandoorne waiting in the wings. The future looks bright, and the talent looks promising.

http://puref1.com/20...gp2-from-2014/?

#3 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 20:26

Hocemo Sato Takuma-sana! :thumbs:

#4 Doorn

Doorn
  • Members
  • 14,739 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:04

http://www.gpupdate....claren-reserve/

8:21 – Stoffel Vandoorne has been confirmed as McLaren's reserve driver for the 2014 season. The Belgian, 21, will combine his Formula 1 duties with a full campaign in GP2 with the ART Grand Prix squad.

"I'm thrilled and honoured to have been selected by McLaren Mercedes to be the team's Formula 1 reserve driver," said Vandoorne. "Equally, I'm really excited to have been selected to race for the ART GP2 team.

"I plan to take my responsibilities as McLaren Mercedes' Formula 1 reserve driver very seriously indeed, since I very much enjoy immersing myself in the technical aspects of Formula 1 Grand Prix weekends.

"I'll do whatever I can to help the team's two Formula 1 race drivers, Jenson Button and Kevin Magnussen, both of whom are great guys and superb drivers, to achieve as much as they possibly can this season."

Vandoorne, who finished runner-up to Magnussen in last year's Formula Renault 3.5 series, will be partnered by Japanese driver Takuya Izawa in GP2. The move is one of the first in a growing relationship between ART and McLaren, ahead of Honda's return to Formula 1 in 2015 as the Woking-based outfit's engine supplier.

#5 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 16:03

Santander produžio sponzorisanje.

#6 Duh sa sekirom

Duh sa sekirom
  • Members
  • 966 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:32

A danas je red na McLaren...

U 12 ili u 13h nisam siguran. Piše 12h po Griniču. ali sat koji otkucava kaže tačno u podne po našem vremenu....

#7 Wingman

Wingman
  • Members
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:01

Boullier resigns from Lotus, set to become McLaren F1 team principal

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/112254

http://www1.skysport...-team-principal

Odlican potez Rona Denisa,steta za Enston.

Edited by Wingman, 24 January 2014 - 11:22.

#8 Wingman

Wingman
  • Members
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:04

Prezentaciju McLarenovog bolida mozete pratiti na ovom linku fb.me/1faAJsVFL

#9 Duh sa sekirom

Duh sa sekirom
  • Members
  • 966 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:58

Keks, pivo i prezentacija novog McLarena...

Uživancija... :lala:

#10 Doorn

Doorn
  • Members
  • 14,739 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 13:03

_79P0166.jpg

_79P0197.jpg

butt-magn-vand-mcla-mp429-2014.jpg

_79P0147.jpg

Edited by alpiner, 24 January 2014 - 13:23.

#11 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 13:06

Nos dokaz kako je F1 muški sport.

Još da vidimo da li će pobediti onaj sa većim ili tehničar :rotflmao:

Edited by alpiner, 24 January 2014 - 13:07.

#12 Wingman

Wingman
  • Members
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 13:09

Limp bizkit or gentleman sausage :wicked:

#13 Duh sa sekirom

Duh sa sekirom
  • Members
  • 966 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 13:31

Deluje dosta neobicnije od Vilijamsa. Mislim na nos. Vidim da će se bolidi konačno malo osetnije i primetnije razlikovati po konstrukciji, obliku. I to posle duže vremena, jer već neko vreme (kad bi ih ofarbao u istu boju) svi bolidi bi na prvi pogled izgledali identično, a bogami i na drugi jer su ličili ko jaje jajetu... Sada možemo očekivati verovatno i 11 različitih rešenja nosa, barem do početka sezone a verovatno i u prvoj trećini. Tačnije dok se neko rešenje ne pokaže kao uspešnije i svi krenu da ga kopiraju.

Veoma me interesuje da vidim kakav će da bude konačan kolorni dizajn novog Meklarena.

PS: Ovaj unity plajer i animacija su bruka urađeni... U prvi mah sam se razočarao kada sam shvatio da od prezentacije nije bilo ništa, nego su samo okačili 4 slike na sajt i to je to, ali kada sam pokrenuo animaciju.... WOW, super je urađena, ali sam siguran da nije sasvim identična bolidu u detaljima. Naravno sa namerom. Ubeđena sam da su neke stvari sakrili, a neke dodali iako ih nema i neće biti na bolidu...

#14 DASUBO

DASUBO
  • Members
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 13:46

Meni se ovaj auto ne sviđa, a ne pričam o estetskom utisku. Nos bolida je vrlo ziheraški uređen i ne verujem da će to biti finalni oblik. Na stranu nos, ali posle onakvog rešenja Williams-a, zadnji deo izgleda preveliko i sa ne baš velikim prostorom za opstrujavanje vazduha između bokova i zadnjeg krila. A prijanjanje na zadnjoj osovine će biti ključna stvar za prenošenje obrtnog momenta.

I bokovi se čine nedovršenim, pa meni ovo više liči na teaser nego na ono što će testirati na stazi.

Suma sumarum više nisam video nego što sam video.

#15 Hedon

Hedon
  • Members
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 14:40

BevqoWuCEAEbFr7.jpg