• Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 21:05

#708 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 18:25

Fernando Alonso says tackling the Indy 500 yet again is now a "high priority".

When the Spaniard announced he was going to contest last year's fabled US-based oval race, he said he was really targeting the unofficial 'triple crown'.

Comprised of the Monaco GP, Le Mans and the Indy 500, only Graham Hill has actually won it.

But Alonso took another step last weekend by winning Le Mans with Toyota. Juan Pablo Montoya is the other driver with two of the three crowns, as he has won the Indy 500.

So when asked what his next goal is, Alonso said after winning at Le Mans: "I will think about what I will do next summer after this summer.

"But after winning here, Indy comes back into play with high priority," he is quoted by APA news agency.

The 36-year-old, linked with a full-time McLaren effort in the Indycar series for 2019, admits that his future in formula one is therefore in doubt.

"We'll see if it happens next year and what the future of formula one looks like," Alonso said.

#709 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 18:28

Fernando Alonso feels he's leading a motorsport 'revolution'
By Pablo Elizalde
Published on Friday June 22nd 2018[

d103a58c8d565dbb12bc56e4bd5c5fb4.jpg

McLaren Formula 1 driver Fernando Alonso feels he is leading a "revolution" in motorsport following his outing in the Indianapolis 500 and his victory in the Le Mans 24 Hours.

Two-time F1 world champion Alonso made his debut in IndyCar's blue-riband event last year having set himself a 'triple crown' challenge of adding Indy 500 and Le Mans victories to his Monaco Grand Prix wins.

He took a step towards completing the feat with his Le Mans triumph for Toyota last weekend and is completing the World Endurance Championship season for the LMP1 team alongside his F1 programme.

Alonso conceded that it is uncommon for an F1 driver to compete in other categories and believes he is changing motor racing.

"In the modern era of motor racing this was not the normal thing to do," said Alonso.

"In the last two decades, I think we were more into professional drivers in one discipline maximising the skills in that discipline.

"So what we are doing now is quite going back a couple of decades and changing motorsport and I'm happy to lead that change.

"It's a bit of a change to the current motorsport norm, where you focus on a single series and you develop all your skills for a single car and a single set of rules and a style of driving.

"What we've done over the past years is probably a revolution for motorsport.

Alonso is yet to decide if he will stay in F1 next season, but admitted that focusing fully on the triple crown challenge was "very attractive".

When asked when he will attempt the Indy 500 again, he said: "I don't know. I need to think and set my mind for the future.

"Obviously the Indy 500 and the triple crown are still a very attractive challenge. When we attempted it last year it was for that reason and now it's just that one missing.

3dc791e41f7fe59f351789af6d027ab7.jpg

"I think I will make up my mind probably after summer.

"Definitely Formula 1 is still my world and my passion, but the triple crown is a very attractive target as well."

Alonso also suggested he is ready to look elsewhere if he feels McLaren will not be in a position to run at the front next year.

"One of the targets we had last year when we renewed was the hope of changing the power unit to move to Renault and be competitive, fight for podiums and maybe some wins, and we haven't found that," he said.

"We've found seventh place in the drivers' championship, which is almost like a victory in the midfield, but without a real possibility of fighting for podiums and too far from the top three.

"That's the goal for next year. If McLaren can't give me that, we'll see who else can."

#710 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,335 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 08:24

Uf, kakva su govna ovi iz FOM-a! Alonsova paranoja jednom ima pokrice, kada je rekao da namerno izvlace njegove izjave iz konteksta da bi stvorili kontroverze i pustaju ih na TV-u.

Originalna izjava: "We try to do whatever, but I don't care too much about Grosjean"

FOM pustio: "We try to do whatever, but I don't care too much"

#711 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 03:43

Honda boss open to Alonso IndyCar move

1015444005-lat-20180623-_2st4752.jpg

By: RACER Staff | June 23, 2018 6:46 AM

The general manager of Honda’s motorsport division Masashi Yamamoto says he would be open to Fernando Alonso racing for a Honda-powered entry in IndyCar next year.

Alonso has been heavily linked with a move to IndyCar in 2019 after completing two parts of the ‘triple crown’ with his victory at Le Mans last weekend. While McLaren looks increasingly likely to enter the series full-time in partnership with an existing team, strong ties with Andretti Autosport — which ran Alonso’s McLaren entry at the Indianapolis 500 last year — bring the added complication of a Honda engine supply.

Honda received huge amounts of criticism from Alonso during its three poor years in partnership with McLaren in Formula 1, but Yamamoto is not ruling out the possibility of the pair being reunited in IndyCar.

“Ah, Alonso!” Yamamoto said. “Drivers exist or they’re here to win races. That’s their goal. I’m very neutral in that sense. Regarding last year, I feel very sorry for the McLaren drivers because we were unable to achieve their goals, to give them an opportunity.

“Regarding Indy, I’m just an advisor, and it’s all decided by America Honda [HPD], I can only advise it. I think he’s a fabulous driver.”

Alonso’s future at McLaren is unclear, with the team admitting this week that it has had preliminary discussions with Daniel Ricciardo about potentially replacing the Spaniard if he were to leave F1. If that were to happen, racing director Eric Boullier admits the aim is to have Alonso involved in another McLaren project.

“Drivers are under consideration and it’s just a matter of when you start to thing and build and maybe discuss,” Boullier said. “As far as we are concerned for Fernando, we would like obviously for him to stay in the McLaren family and I’m not sure yet he has taken his decision, so we will see at the right time.”

Should Alonso not lead a future McLaren IndyCar entry, Scott Dixon has been linked with the seat.

-Chris Medland

#712 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 15:26

Alonso might test an IndyCar this fall - Brown

tee11.jpg

By: Robin Miller | 27 minutes ago

It was a wonderful rumor from across The Pond: during Formula 1’s summer break, which begins after this weekend’s Hungarian Grand Prix, Fernando Alonso was going to test an Indy car for Andretti Autosport at Portland.

“There is nothing to it,” Andretti team president Rob Edwards said Wednesday night. “No F1 driver I know is testing for us next week.”

But, to the people who have written off in print the pairing of the two-time F1 champion and Michael Andretti’s team for 2019, not so fast.

McLaren CEO Zak Brown told RACER that IndyCar testing was on the to-do list.

“Fernando isn’t testing next week in Portland and was never scheduled to test there but he may test later in the year,” said Brown, who put the deal together that allowed Alonso’s magnificent debut in 2017 at Indianapolis. “He’s got a World Endurance Championship race in August so he’s staying in Europe during our break.

“But he may test [an Indy car] later this fall. His calendar is pretty hectic so we’re trying to find a gap. He would be mega in IndyCar and I think he would love IndyCar racing. And I think IndyCar would love him as well.”

Andretti told RACER in Toronto that things were still in play but it was getting late, while Brown acknowledged a lot would be going on in the next month.

“We are still working through our plans,” said Brown, who has met with Andretti at Indianapolis and Detroit about a two-car effort for next season in IndyCar. “We’re just laser focused on F1 once we get past Hungary this weekend and when the summer break kicks in we’ll start making some decisions.”

#713 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:33

Alonso unlikely to get 2019 Red Bull chance: ‘He tends to cause chaos’
2018 F1 season

8th August 2018, 22:51
Keith Collantine

Fernando Alonso is unlikely to be called up by Red Bull to replace Daniel Ricciardo for the 2019 F1 season, according to team principal Christian Horner.

Ricciardo’s unexpected decision to leave the team for Renault next year leaves Red Bull in need of a replacement. Its options include junior drivers Carlos Sainz Jnr, currently on loan to Renault but out of a drive for next year in the wake of Ricciardo’s move, and Pierre Gasly.

However with two-times world champion Fernando Alonso in his fifth season without a race-winning F1 car, speculation has linked him with a move to the team. Horner played the suggestion down when speaking to the F1 website.

“I have got huge respect for Fernando,” said Horner. “He’s a great driver, a fantastic driver.

“But I think it’s very difficult to see… he tends to cause a bit of chaos wherever he’s gone. I’m not sure it would be the healthiest thing for the team for Fernando to join the team.”

Red Bull has not appointed anyone from outside its young driver programme since Mark Webber joined the team in 2007. Horner indicated the team is not looking for an experienced driver to partner Max Verstappen next year.

“Our preference would be to continue to invest in youth than take a driver who’s obviously close to the end of his career,” he said.

Alonso has said he will make a decision on his future after the F1 summer break.

#714 Duh sa sekirom

Duh sa sekirom
  • Members
  • 966 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 15:37

Ne nadaj se Kristijane, trebaće da prođe još godina, pre nego Alonso ponovo poželi da sedne u hondu

Edited by Duh sa sekirom, 09 August 2018 - 15:38.

#715 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 28,756 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 19:37

Ne nadaj se Kristijane, trebaće da prođe još godina, pre nego Alonso ponovo poželi da sedne u hondu

Sedeo je u/na njoj u Indy Caru.

I opet će, po svemu sudeći.

#716 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 20:12

Sedeo je u/na njoj u Indy Caru.

I opet će, po svemu sudeći.

Zapravo, sad je sva prilika da ce sedeti u Sevroletu. Andreti je pod svoju kapu uzeo pored ekipe BHA od sledece sezone i Harding Rejsing cime ce se broj bolida u njihovoj "stali" povecati na 6 za kompletnu sezonu plus jos 1 ili 2 za Indi 500. Nema tu vise mesta za Meklaren jer sto je mnogo mnogo je, a i Honda je svakako vec na maksimumu sa raspolozivim brojem motora. Prica se cak da bi Reholov RLL tim mogao dobiti "nogu" jer Honda ima previse bolida.

Sada se prica da Zek Braun pregovara sa Edom Karpenterom da Meklaren s njegovim ECR Sevrolet timom udje u tal, kod Sevroleta jos uvek ima mesta za bar jos 3-4 bolida za kompletnu sezonu bez da se natezu.

#717 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 28,756 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 16:10

Kakilo je konačno.

#718 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 28,756 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 16:15

Fernando Alonso will not race in Formula 1 in 2019

276fff63bd2f644a6928ad4af1fef869.jpg

Two-time Formula 1 world champion Fernando Alonso will not race in the championship in 2019.

McLaren announced Alonso's decision on Tuesday, mid-way through F1's summer break, with the Spaniard saying he had made his mind up earlier in the year but leaving the door open for a future return.

Alonso has been debating his grand prix future amid frustration over an uncompetitive second spell with McLaren and the monopoly over results by the teams at the front.

He was allowed to miss the 2017 Monaco Grand Prix to make his Indianapolis 500 debut, and he challenged for victory in the famous race before retiring.

McLaren said he was not allowed to repeat his Indy bid this season, but did give Alonso permission to combine his F1 efforts with a full World Endurance Championship superseason campaign.

Alonso went on to win the Le Mans 24 Hours at the first attempt with Toyota.

With two Monaco GP wins under his belt, Alonso's Le Mans victory leaves just Indy unconquered in his bid for motorsport's unofficial 'triple crown'.

Alonso is extremely unlikely to add to his tally of 32 grand prix victories before the end of the year, and is just three shy of hitting 100 podiums.

But Alonso will surpass Jenson Button and Michael Schumacher in the list of all-time starts as he should end the year with 311 GP starts, which would only be surpassed by Rubens Barrichello (322).

Alonso made his F1 debut in 2001, driving for Minardi, before moving to Benetton as a test driver the following season in preparation for a 2003 race seat as the team morphed into Renault.

He played a key role in helping the French manufacturer to its modern F1 pomp, taking his first win in Hungary that year and then becoming the youngest world champion in 2005.

Alonso bested Ferrari legend and seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher the following season to earn a second consecutive crown.

However, Alonso's F1 career has been on a slope since.

He moved to McLaren for 2007 but that descended into a bitter rivalry with the team's rookie Lewis Hamilton, and after their battle allowed Kimi Raikkonen to steal the title at the final race Alonso went back to an uncompetitive Renault for 2008 and 2009.

Alonso switched to Ferrari for the 2010 season, but his timing was flawed and he spent five years wrestling with cars that were never the peak of the field.

Despite that, Alonso racked up 11 wins with the Scuderia and fought for the 2010 and 2012 titles, with his efforts in 2012 particularly memorable as he valiantly, but fruitlessly, attempted to deny Sebastian Vettel and Red Bull.

Alonso finally fell out with Ferrari when it badly misjudged the new-for-2014 V6 turbo-hybrid engine rules and was a distant third-best behind Mercedes and Red Bull.

He switched to McLaren for 2015, tempted by the prospect of restoring the ailing team to its recent former glories with the help of the full power of returning manufacturer Honda.

But the second coming of McLaren-Honda was uncompetitive and unreliable from the beginning and Alonso spent most of the next three seasons dealing with immense frustration, which sometimes spilled out into public digs at the Japanese manufacturer.

McLaren decided to split from Honda at the end of 2017 and agreed a Renault supply, which the team and Alonso expected to facilitate challenges for podiums.

Instead it has been comfortably beaten by Red Bull and Renault's works team, which is only in a rebuilding phase.

Edited by alpiner, 14 August 2018 - 18:18.

#719 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,335 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 16:27

Izdao je tim.

#720 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 28,756 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 16:35

Izdao je tim.