• Please log in to reply
277 replies to this topic

#256 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 10,874 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:41

Kubica has the pace for F1

Renault believe Robert Kubica has the pace in compete in Formula 1 but admitted that he only he knows whether his right arm is up the challenge at all tracks.

Earlier this month Kubica covered 115 laps of the Valencia circuit in a 2012 Lotus F1 car.

The test, his first F1 outing since he suffered severe arm injuries in a rally crash in 2011, has raised questions about whether Kubica could have a future in F1.

"I had no doubt on his pace, ever, at all," Renault's trackside operations director Alan Permane told Poland's Eleven Sports.

"I did not know, I don't think he knew, whether he would be able to drive physically… and, more than that, be able to drive a lot.

"He's driven some things. He's driven simulators, he's driven a GP3 car earlier this year in preparation for this, but we didn't really know what his limitations would be. And, honestly, it went very well.

"He was quick. He did some long runs, he did some short runs, he did qualifying, we did race simulations and it all went very well."

Asked whether Kubica had the pace to return to F1, Permane replied: "From what I've seen from the statistics, from the data, the pace is there. That's for sure."

But while the Polish driver may have the pace, Permane warned that the injuries he suffered back in 2011 may prevent him from being competitive at all tracks.

"On that Tuesday in Valencia he did a fantastic job," he added. "However, there are many other circuits, and whether he has physical limitations on those, only he knows at the moment.

"If it needs to go any further, that would be the next step."

http://www.foxsports...he-pace-for-f1/

#257 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 10,874 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:46

More Kubica tests possible says Renault

Robert Kubica wanted an F1 test in order to decide the next steps in his career.

That is the claim of Cyril Abiteboul, the Renault team boss, after the Enstone outfit recently gave Kubica his first F1 outing since the Pole almost severed his arm in 2011.

"He did the test because he wanted to," the Frenchman told Canal Plus.

"The Enstone family is very loyal: people like Alan Permane, Bob Bell, Nick Chester, everyone wanted to give their driver the opportunity to drive.

"The opportunity came when we had a day scheduled (at Valencia) with Sergey Sirotkin," Abiteboul explained.

The test excited the media and had Kubica himself even raising the possibility of a "comeback", but Abiteboul said Renault is staying calm.

"There is no idea and I do not want to get into a pressure situation," he insisted.

"Robert is measuring his skills and his limits, and once he knows his limits, he can make a decision for the rest of his career," said Abiteboul.

Renault engineering chief Permane said the team tried to keep Kubica's test low-profile.

"Robert has a lot of fans upset that he is not in formula one, so we did not want to put this additional pressure on him, although he could have dealt with it," he said.

"I just wanted Robert to enjoy it.

"Of course, there is no limit to perfection, but Robert was physically well prepared. We had to move a few switches to the other side (of the steering wheel) so he could use them, but there was nothing difficult."

As for the next steps, Permane said: "It's too early to talk about it, but we are in touch with Robert. There are no plans to continue the tests, but it is possible for the future."

http://www.grandprix...ns/ns36685.html

#258 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 10,874 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:44

Why Kubica's worth the wait

#259 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 10,874 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:18

Kubica says he can drive F1 car "without any limitations"

Grand prix winner Robert Kubica says he can now drive a Formula 1 car "without any limitations" following his test with Renault.

Kubica, who had raced in F1 between 2006 and 2010 but was forced to leave the championship after sustaining severe injuries to his right hand and arm in a rally accident, recently returned to the cockpit of an F1 car in a private test with the Renault outfit.

In a one-day test at Valencia's Ricardo Tormo circuit, the Polish driver completed 115 laps with the 2012-spec Lotus E20 and, according to Renault's Alan Permane, showed strong enough pace for an F1 comeback to be viable.

Speaking to Poland's Eleven Sports after the test, the 32-year-old racer insisted he is now even fitter than he had been prior to the injury that had interrupted his F1 career.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

"I had been working a lot on my physical condition," Kubica said. "I have never been so fit, even in my 'golden years' when I was still competing in F1. For example, for the first time in my life my body weight is lower than in 2008.

"It turned out that [driving an F1 car] is not as scary and remote as it seemed to be. I can even admit that an F1 car was one of the easiest machines to drive with my limitations after my accident.

"Now I can sleep better because I know that I can drive a Formula 1 car without any limitations, I can drive quickly and consistently."

Kubica says he was in "shock" after the very first laps of his return test because of how comfortable he was driving an F1 car again.

"One of the best moments was returning to the pits after my first run when I realised that everything was under control and nothing had changed.

"After the first three laps it seemed that the break had not lasted more than a month. It was a shock as I had a lot of question marks after so many years [out of action].

"I felt very confident in the cockpit. I felt at home."

No use getting overexcited

Having stated after the test that he was now targeting a "proper comeback" to F1, Kubica has stressed it was important not to get carried away.

"I know that the imaginations and expectations of fans and motorsport people were boosted after this test but there is no point in getting overexcited," he said.

"Time will tell. A lot has happened in my life over the past six years, a lot has changed in me.

"I will work to achieve the goal I set for myself and to achieve what I think is within my reach. It is too early to say what it is and whether it will happen. I will prepare myself for the highest goals."

He added: "I think that two years ago people gave me quite slim chances to return to driving a Formula 1 car but I came back and did it, I think, in style."

Kubica, who had signed on to contest the World Endurance Championship with LMP1 privateer ByKolles this year before backing out late on, said he had no regrets at how his 2017 schedule has panned out so far.

"It was almost certain that I would be a part of different racing programmes [this year] but unfortunately it didn't happen. Honestly, now I don't regret it at all.

"One day in the Formula 1 car and a chance to feel what I loved, what I still love and what is my passion, gave me a lot more and I would never exchange it for anything."

https://www.motorspo...tations-919303/

#260 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 10,874 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 22:30

Robert Kubica: Ex-F1 driver to test again for Renault

1robertkubicagfos.jpg?itok=crLKNol8

Robert Kubica is to test again for Renault as he and the team explore whether he could make a comeback to Formula 1 from life-changing injuries.

The 32-year-old Pole has only partial movement in his right arm after a crash in a rally car in February 2011, since when he has not raced on a circuit.

However, he and Renault have maintained contact after an impressive first test back in an F1 car in Valencia in June.

A further test has been scheduled but Renault would not reveal details.

"There is nothing from us whatsoever," a spokesman said when asked about the date and location.

Kubica was faster when he drove at Valencia in a 2012 car than Renault's reserve driver Sergey Sirotkin.

And insiders say he has since driven the team's simulator and been as quick in it as lead driver Nico Hulkenberg, although this is not necessarily an accurate measurement of his on-track potential.

Senior figures are excited about the potential for a return, a source said, but still sceptical of Kubica's ability to make a full comeback to F1 because of the restrictions imposed upon him by his arm injury.

However, while a return is not close to happening, it is closer than it was before Kubica drove in Valencia last month.

His F1 career appeared to be over when he suffered multiple fractures and a partially severed right arm in the February 2011 crash, which happened a few weeks before he was due to start his second season with Renault.

Kubica had previously driven for BMW Sauber, winning the 2008 Canadian Grand Prix, and was considered one of the sport's brightest talents - rated by some in a similar bracket to multiple world champions Fernando Alonso, Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel.

Kubica drove a Renault 2012 F1 car in a demonstration run at the Goodwood Festival of Speed on Sunday and told Sky Sports: "I know I can do pretty well behind the wheel of an F1 car already after one day of testing. So more can come from me.

"It is a good feeling. It is something I was not expecting, to deliver so good straight away.

"This gives me, not confidence, because I knew as a drive the skills are there, but a relief that can do it physically, that I can make the job.

"I still know there is a long way to go and I need to do it step by step. If I have an opportunity, I will try to do my best. If not, I will search for something else. It has been a long time away from the circuit.

"When you get to an F1 car and after one lap you see the pace is there, it is special emotions and I miss it so much. I am enjoying the moment because I have been through difficult days - but I could never believe I could be in this position four or five months ago."

Because of Kubica's physical restrictions, Renault need to change the cockpit controls so that all the control buttons are on the left-hand side of the steering wheel and adapt the gearshift so that up and down shifts are both handled by the left-hand steering wheel paddle.

However, Kubica has yet to drive a 2017-spec car, which are faster and more physical than the one he has tested so far, and there are still question marks over his ability to operate an F1 car in all corners - tight left-handers are the main concern because of the restricted movement in his right arm.

Renault's links with Kubica come as the future of Briton Jolyon Palmer, their second driver, is in doubt.

Palmer has had a difficult first eight races of the season and the team have been considering replacing him for the second half of the year.

However, no decision has yet been taken and the team insist their focus is on helping Palmer deliver the results they expect.

Renault managing director Cyril Abiteboul said at the last race in Azerbaijan: "He has a contract with us. We are completely committed to helping him get through the period, which is a tough period, that's obvious.

"He has no ultimatum, but having said that he has to deliver, like every single member of the team."

http://www.bbc.com/s...rmula1/40492882

2robertkubicagfos.jpg?itok=sN586GUL

Edited by alpiner, 04 July 2017 - 22:48.

#261 Downforce

Downforce
  • Members
  • 4,808 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 22:54

Situacija u kojoj bih ga opet gledao u F1...mislim da bih proplakao svaku trku koju startuje. A da u nekom ludom scenariju osvoji titulu...castio bih ceo forum i svi bi pili dok ne popadamo sa stolica...a obavezno stivo bi bilo gledanje njegovih hajlajta iz karijere...

Ne mogu da objasnim sto mi je toliki car...ali eto...

#262 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 10,874 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:30

Neverovatan borac. Siguran sam da će iskreno reći koliko je sposoban da vozi F1 u trci taj lik se nikada nije folirao.

Glavno pitanje pored fizičke sposobnosti je naravno i ko finansira njegove testove. Da li iz svog džepa, Renault, neki sponzor/i..?

Ako je samofinansirajući šanse za povratak su takoreći nikakve.

Ako iza svega stoje sponzori i on je fizički sposoban postoje šanse da npr završi opet u Sauberu. Sve ovo je jedino moguće ako je finansijski paket jači od onog iz Švede pa ostanemo bez megatalentovanog Ericssona.

U slučaju da Renault sve finansira znači da su progutali udicu vide medijski potencijal  i način da se promovišu. Od testiranja se napravila nekakva priča šta će biti ako zaista sedne u bolid i vozi trku.. Ovo bi se negde uklopilo i u amerikanizaciju koja se najavljuje u F1 od strane Liberty-a. Medijski potencijal postoji, možda ne u meri sa najpopularnijim vozačima, ali u svakom slučaju više od Palmera, Grosjeana, Magnussena...

Bez obzira na ishod meni je ovaj čovek inspiracija i poštujem njegovu borbu.

#263 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 18,047 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:21

Ja jos uvek nisam video nista sto bi me uverilo da je povratak realna opcija - pod povratkom smatram ne vozikanje u krug nego voznju na nivou od pre nesrece, dakle ucesce u borbi za titulu, ali ovo dole:

Bez obzira na ishod meni je ovaj čovek inspiracija i poštujem njegovu borbu.

Ovo apsolutno stoji. Kubica zasluzuje sve postovanje i divljenje.

#264 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:46

Kubica se mora nekako pojaviti na onom unutarsezonskom testiranju u Mađarskoj, ako tamo pokaže brzinu i sposobnost vožnje novih hibridnih bolida onda je poželjna roba na tržištu vozača. Ako Reno ispusti ovu priliku neko drugi će je svakako iskoristiti. 

Ukratko: napaljen sam do guše. AJMO ROBERT!!!!

#265 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:28

Robert je nedavno uradio polusatni strim "pitanja i odgovori" s navijačima na FBu i to je naravno objavljeno na Jutubu

Kompletni transkript koji je neki neverovatan lik na reditu preveo na engleski

0:00
Welcome, everyone. We'll wait for a bit for enough fans to group together. Pleased to meet everyone. Just a few moments, we'll start soon.
...Welcome, everyone.
1:00
We'll just wait a minute. Can you hear me? Let's check whether you can hear me; type a comment whether you can or cannot.
Ok, everything works. Now we have 300, 400 people. We'll start when we hit 500.
2:00
Ok, there's 500. Let's start.
I'd like to welcome everyone! Thank you for coming. This is my first meeting of this kind, maybe not my last! I'll start with recent events, to start off somehow. After that, I'll be answering your questions.
So, as a lot of you know, a lot has changed in my life recently. Quite a lot's going on. Thanks to the recent test in F1 in Valencia, after 6 years I had the opportunity to test an F1 car and feel once again as if I were at home. It really was a huge moment for me, and a very, very nice event in my life.
3:00
I also participated in the Goodwood Festival, and actually, I only just got back because I had a session in the simulator, and I only just made it in time to get to you guys. I'm very pleased to be here [with you all].
Now, perhaps I should go on to some questions! I'll pick a first one here in a minute...
Oh: How does your day-to-day training look like? Asks Tomasz Kasmiewski.
It depends. You can divide training into two main areas. You can have 'race training', which is behind the wheel, as well as 'normal' training, which takes place off track. When it comes to training drivers, it's a difficult situation, as every kilometer in a car is expensive. >4:00< Further, the current regulations actually prohibit testing. There are set test days for each championship, but outside of those days, you pretty much never drive. To compensate, simulators have taken a much more active role in training, and they replace much of [the on-track possibilities in the past]. These are no longer the days when I was starting out in F1 as a test driver, in 2006, where I drove around 26/27,000km in an F1 car over the year. Today, there is much, much less driving.
When it comes to training off-track, that's pretty straightforward. >5:00< Every morning, if I can, I ride my bike to train cardio. In the afternoon, I hit the gym, where I work on my strength and conditioning of all my muscles waist-height and up!
Let's move on to another question...
Oh Artur Olszak asks if the [Valencia] tests were different to those I did over 6 years ago.
Both yes and no! The track was the same. The car was slightly different, although the 2012 car, with a V8 engine (exactly the same one I raced with)... >6:00< The tyres were different, as I only had two test outings with the new Pirreli tyres, which made a big difference. But overall, I felt very good. Overall, it was a huge shock to me. It was as if there was no 6 year break. I was very surprised that I was laid back and relaxed behind the wheel, which really is the most important thing for a driver, and it was the nicest thing I experienced in the Valencia test. It also allowed me to very quickly start concentrating on improving my rhythm and feeling all the things [as in car feedback] I was able to feel six years ago. I was very pleasantly surprised.
7:00
People are asking about some tests...on Paul Ricard...eh, I read that apparently I'm to test there. People often tend to find out before me! Right here, today, I don't know anything about upcoming tests, but, as you all know, in Formula One, things happen very quickly, so we'll see what the future brings.
[reading]...Ah. Marcin Matyszczak asks about me saying that I have an 80-90% chance of returning to the track [F1].
That isn't exactly what I had in mind when I made that statement. I wasn't making an estimation about the chances of my returning to the F1 track. I was estimating the probability of whether I'll be able to do the work, >8:00< as in driving, and whether I'll be in a position to withstand, really, what I was doing before my accident. Estimating my chances wasn't intended as an indication of how high I put my capability to, chance, if I will even have that chance. It was more about myself, how my body feels, what feelings I had during the test and during the past few months.
[Humming]. Let's wait for another...[reading].
Oh, cycling! Eh, the question was long, so I won't quote it, but when it comes to cycling, it's one of my >9:00< biggest discoveries in the past few years, and it really gave me a lot, when it comes to physical form, but also for my head [mental health]. Cycling helps me calm myself, because as I spend a lot of time on my bike, I have a lot of time to mull things over. In addition, it also became my hobby. Therefore, it's an ideal combination, as it lets me look after my [physical] form, which brings me a lot of satisfaction. Of course, everyone concentrates on my arm, but I also got a pretty good whack to my leg, so strength is still somewhat lacking there, but the progress I've made cycling is, I think, satisfying, and I'm pleased with how my form >10:00<, and how I feel on the bike, has improved.
Heh...There's a question here about simulators, and whether I had the chance to test the simulator at Renault, and whether I was faster than Hulkenberg.
Eh...I did have a chance to test Renault's simulator, in the current year's configuration. The test, rather the day, went very well. I won't go much into details, but yes: I did have such a chance. I was pleased, the team was also pleased with that day.
Another question about cycling. How was it cycling with Michal Kwiatkowski [famous Polish competitive cyclist]? He said I was good going downhill.
11:00
Riding [was] fun, although I wasn't in my best form when we rode together. However, I am 100% an amateur, so I can't compare myself to professionals, although it was very nice to spend a few hours together with the lads, as it was Michal with a few other [professional, presumably] cyclists. We went for a Polish Coffee in the region around Monaco.
Oh! A question about F1 and about the 2017 cars; that they're very fast in the corners. The situation has changed a lot this year compared to cars from previous years >12:00<. Cars from recent years had very little in common with [proper] F1 when it comes to minimum cornering speed. The situation has changed for the better this year. The [cornering] speeds are much faster, but are nevertheless very similar to the speeds achieved in the cars I was racing with in 2007/2008; in fact, these were the golden years when it comes to minimum cornering speeds in F1 cars. After that, the regulations changed - the cars became much faster in the straights. Overall lap times were similar, but the cars were much slower through the corners. An interesting tidbit is that when I raced in Barcelona, we reached top speeds of 305kph; in [2016], cars were getting up to 345, and despite the fact that they were going 40kph faster on the straights >13:00<, they were setting comparable lap times. This shows how influential the regulations can be, and how quickly F1 can change year to year.
When it comes to [questions about my] physical preparation because F1 cars have become faster and more physical, as you can hear in some radio transmissions, that drivers have to fight a lot more...tyres have changed as well. Earlier, there were big problems with degradation, and in fact, races were decided by who saved their tyres the best. In this year, however, the tyres are a lot harder, so they allow both the driver and the car to attack more, and races have become more attractive again, in my opinion, as well as more suited to fighters [personality].
14:00
What do I think...a question about Nico Rosberg...what do I think about his decision?
I've known Nico very well since we were young. We saw each other recently, and I can also perhaps let you in a little secret, that I'll be seeing him tomorrow as well! Eh..what do I think about his decision? I think it's a decision which speaks a lot about itself, and we should all respect it. It shows how demanding F1 can be; Formula One isn't just about the driving; a lot happens outside the car. There's a lot of pressure, especially when you're fighting the title of World Champion. I, unfortunately, didn't have such an opportunity, although in 2008, as most of you will remember, I led the standings after the race in Canada, >15:00< but regretfully didn't have another chance for the rest of the season, as the second half of that season went worse for us. It's an extreme sport, and the car isn't the only consideration, a lot of external factors play a role as well. Therefore, I believe we should respect the decision. Everyone has their own character, style of life, and ideas for life. The most important thing, as I can see is the case now, is that Nico is happy and that he's fulfilling his new life goals. I very much respect his decision. Although, as I say, [it was definitely discussed a lot prior to its making].
16:00
Here's another question: Why didn't you start in the timed Goodwood Hillclimb?
Why? Because F1 cars were not permitted to enter the timed competition. Besides, Goodwood is more about the show, and it's somewhat a shame, as there was very little time behind the wheel, but I wholly recommend the festival. Goodwood really is a great event. I would gladly go myself in the future to watch, and touch, F1 cars from every era, from every year. And not only F1 cars! Normal cars, racing cars, rally cars - really, nothing is missing, which is great and a very cool experience.
A question about whether I...it passed quickly, but I saw it. Do I ever think about commentating F1 races?
17:00
I actually had, recently, well not recently, but after my accident, in 2012/13, I had such offers. I even visited a studio once to try it out - of course, it wasn't a live trial, but rather a trial to determine whether I liked it or not. I won't divulge what language we're talking about [Kubica speaks English, and fluent Polish and Italian), but really, I never let myself get into the position where I'd be commentating. In my view, if I let it get to that point, I would be saying goodbye entirely to the notion of ever making a return to F1 as a driver. After the accident I said I would only return to the paddock if I could put my helmet on. And, until now, I've managed to resist temptation, and I haven't showed up for a race since >18:00<. Although, a few times, I had the wish and ambition to go and watch some races.
Formula One is my passion, my life, and as such there were periods of time, years, after the accident, where this whole situation hurt me more than I was drawn by curiosity to watch a race, and to taste F1 from the paddock. And now, maybe I didn't return to the paddock during a race weekend, but there was a certain satisfaction in travelling to a paddock where there were [team] trucks/TIRs [what mainland Europe calls HGVs], and where an F1 car was waiting for me, which was a huge satisfaction.
19:00
...Questions are scrolling past quite quickly. Oh, this one's more about private life and being a recogniseable person.
I reckon it's a small price to pay for making it to one of the most professional and recogniseable sports on earth, which F1 is. In a way, it does 'disturb' me [the poking someone sort of disturb, not the other one], but it really is a minimal price; a price which probably everyone would gladly pay in order to be a part of F1.
20:00
Do I play any racing games? Colin [McRae - popular series of rally games 98-04. The precursor to the 'Dirt' series], rFactor?
The situation has changed a lot. I used to play a lot of RBR. It's a rally game, in my opinion the best when it comes to simulation. It's the closest to rallying in real life. I also drove a lot in iRacing, but the situation has also changed, as more recently, I've been spending a lot of time in a certain company's simulator which designs and builds racing cars, so driving in that simulator, on average twice a week, 100% takes away the need to sit behind the wheel at home. Actually, behind me, there's a 'half-simulator' (see here), although I built it more to train than to drive for time or for fun. In actual fact, it hasn't even been switched on in the past three months, as I've spent so much time in a professional simulator.
Oh, cycling. Let's return to cycling. Do I have one or more bicycles?
I have two bikes, but in reality, I've only been using one recently. Actually, I'd like to thank Trek [bike designer/manufacturer], who gave me a bike. I now ride a Trek Emonda, an excellent bike. It helps me a lot. It's a light bike, so >22:00< the lack of strength in my legs [referring to his aforementioned leg injury in the same accident which half-severed his arm], I can make up quite a lot of ground with a few kg lighter bike, although you still have to keep turning, pedalling, and sweating, so it's not like it rides by itself, but earlier I was riding on a bike from 2010, a Pinarello. The progress which cycling has made...most bikes look superficially the same, but the geometry and materials really make a big difference.
Eh..A question about the fans. Do I feel supported?
Yes, of course! I'd actually like to thank everyone. It's very nice to see Polish flags and Polish fans, and not only Polish fans; really, wherever I've been going in the past few years, the support really has been something amazing and remarkable, so I thank everyone for that.
23:00
Does it affect my motivation?
Both yes and no. I'll be honest here: I'm a person who has always had high motivation and sets the bar high. I'll put it differently...I try my best not to let [people/myself] down, although it may look from the outside that recently I haven't been driving/doing much, and everyone would like to see me much more often, although I think that recent events explain a lot, and satisfy years of craving [for a return to F1], and sometimes defeats. I had a tough period. There were some months where I thought I'd be able to drive professionally again >24:00<, but the situation changed abruptly, and then I was left 'on ice' [as in flailing]. But, in the end, everything turned out well, and just the one day in Valencia has caused me to forget about those darker days.
...People are telling me to talk about motorsport, and not about bicycles!
I'm simply picking out the questions which are floating around here, and I reckon that we should touch on every subject, which are sometimes not necessarily tied to motorsport, but are still a large part of my life.
25:00
Another question...[reading]...I think I'll answer a question in Italian, as there are a lot of comments in Italian, so at least I'll greet them.
[Speaking Italian for 21 seconds. The (very rough) gist is 'welcome to all my Italian fans, I'd love to speak to you in Italian, but as most of the people here are from Poland, it wouldn't be fair to them, so I'll continue the interview in Polish'. My Italian is very bad shit, so if someone can correct it, feel free to do so in the comments, and I'll include it here!]
A question about rallying: will I ever come back to rallying after I become F1 World Champion [fanboy comment: yeeeeaaa]?
Haha, well. Firstly, I haven't become one yet, and we don't know whether I ever will; whether I'll even ever have the opportunity to return to F1. >26:00< For today, rallying is a closed chapter in my life, especially as it was a difficult, intensive period in my life, where I had a lot of spins and falls, but thanks to rallying, I also believe I became a better driver. Rallying also helped me understand certain things, as well as where my place is [where I belong]. The feelings I had sitting behind the wheel of an F1 car...I never had such feelings sitting behind the wheel of a rally car.
27:00
Superlicence. A question about the superlicence.
A lot of writing is done about the superlicence [presumably by the press in relation to Kubica], and a lot is said. The basic principles are simple, and I don't foresee any difficulties if I will need a superlicence. There shouldn't be any problems with receiving the superlicence. I don't see it as an issue.
How do this year's F1 cars, or indeed cars from recent seasons, differ to those in which I made starts in?
The main difference, apart from the regulations, is the propulsion, i.e. engine and related components which propel the car. We used to have V8s >28:00<. It was a simple, very powerful, but very simple engine. These days, the construction has changed. The cars have changed a lot. Now there are hybrids, so-called KERS, although KERS was also around in 2010/2009, but it wasn't all as advanced. The engine size [litres] has changed, they're now turbo, and generally...oh, a lot has changed with regards to fuel usage. In the past, as an interesting tidbit, there were Grand Prix where the engine burned around 150kg of fuel throughout the race. Why kg? Because in F1, you don't talk about litres; you talk about kilograms. If we add fuel, the engineer says to the mechanic, or whoever is responsible for fuelling the car, how many kg he wants. >29:00< This makes monitoring the overall weight of the car is a lot easier than each time having to convert litres to kgs. And now, the limit is 100kg per race, so the engines have become a lot less fuel-guzzley; they're a lot more efficient, which is interesting, but in the past few years, you could notice that in certain phases of the race, some cars, well actually all cars, but depending on what strategy each driver had, drivers were releasing the throttle and coasting on the end of straights in order to reduce fuel usage, while losing as little time as possible.
30:00
Uhm...[reading]...A question about my 'cryptic' words of 'next steps', and what's up with my arm?
My arm is fine. There have been better, we can say, days in my life (i.e. before the accident), but also worse; much worse. The current situation is good, I think. Stable and good. A lot has changed in my head as well, and to a certain extent, I no longer have certain limitations which I used to have, as I found ways around those limitations. As for 'next steps', I'm not being cryptic, I'm merely telling it how it is. >31:00< So long as nothing [new] is confirmed, there's no point pumping up the balloon, as (as I've always said) it's better to do things quietly, and calmly work up to something, and then if something comes up, there'll be satisfaction. I think that in Poland, we have such a trend, and such tendencies, to say that 'we're going for the win!', and then nothing comes out of it. But in the process, we get good PR, and you can always hype some people up, which is not at all in my style, and I try to avoid [such statements], and merely say things which I know, how things look, and [portray the situation how it is].
32:00
What did I feel watching Rally Poland? Did I regret not being there?
Eh..and yes and no. As I've said, recently, I've been quite busy. Quite a lot is going on with me. Maybe you can't see it, but believe me that a lot is happening, so I've had very little time for thinking and watching [TV]. However, I did catch a few on-boards and highlights. Unfortunately, also a few things which should not have happened during the rally; and it's a shame because Rally Poland, I think, has enormous potential, and it's...if you asked every driver, I believe 90% of drivers would place Rally Poland in their top three favourite rallies. >33:00< It's a rather particular [as in strange/unique] rally, but it gives the drivers a lot of satisfaction, therefore, it's very important to try and keep the rally in the WRC calendar. It's a very good advertisement for Poland on the world stage; not only in the world of motorsport, but just generally around the world.
At this point, the feed cuts off. The continuation can be found here
34:00
[Reading and adjusting camera]...
Ok, welcome again. Something happened. Technical emergency! So let's wait a minute, and we'll slowly be coming to the end. [Camera falls backwards, and he quickly grabs it - with his right hand, may I add!]
35:00
Phone's slipping over...Reflex is good; tested! Ok, now let's take the last three questions and I'll have to go, but I'll say now that it definitely won't be our last meeting, and I'll do my best, as far as possible, to hold such meetings [in the future].
Ok...Robert, is there a chance for testing after the Hungarian GP?
As I said, we have to keep cold blooded, and approach the situation calmly. The step I took in Valencia was massive, and I think that now I have to go slowly, step-by-step, and not go...I know that the desire >36:00<, not only my own, is much larger than a single test, but as I say, step-by-step, and let's hope that, together, we can get closer to, I won't hide it, the dream goal. But life has taught me a lot, and much has changed in my life [since the accident], so we also have to approach the situation reservedly/realistically, and keep calm.
Is there a particular driver I would like to drive with in a team?
37:00
Firstly, I would like to find myself in F1 [in the first place] if I am able to carry out the work 100%. I definitely don't want to get back to F1 at all costs. If I won't be 100% certain I can return to the level I was at before the accident, and I think that is my biggest goal for now, and what will happen in the future, in reality, nobody knows that. If I am able to attain that level, and I will feel that I'm close to the form I had before the accident, that would in itself, by my reckoning, be the biggest win of the past few years, and possibly my life.
Ok, now I'll pick a cool last question...[reading]
38:00
Ok, last two. Would I start in the Barborka Rally?
Well, I'll be honest, in the here and now, I'm not thinking about such things, and I'm concentrating on racing. I already said before that rallying is pretty much a closed chapter for me. But in the future, anything is possible. Barborka is a very fun, intimate rally, and very friendly/loveable [think the feeling you have towards your best friend] rally, which doesn't mean it's an easy rally. Despite this, the competition is very tough and very fierce. Although, starts for me in such events are more a hobby for me, although I always try to carry out my work as best as I can.
39:00
Oh...and here...A question about F108 [his BMW Sauber from 2008]. Do I have it in my garage?
No, I don't have it in my garage; not the car I raced with in 2008 and with which I won the Canadian Grand Prix. Although, I will admit, that I've always very much wanted to have it, and I even searched for it, but there are very few of those cars left. A few ended their career quite early, because a few of them got damaged during testing, as monocoques, as well as suspensions, which were around in 2008, are often used to test new cars, and as far as I know, there is only a small handful of them left, and sadly I don't have one. However, I do have practically the entire car from 2006; in fact, the very same chassis with which I scored my very first podium in my F1 career, at the Monza Grand Prix.
40:00
So yes - that'll be all, for the first time! I hope everyone had a nice time, and I wish everyone a pleasant evening. Once again, I thank you all for coming and for the spent moments [together], and thanks for the boost, and let's hope we'll see each other again soon. Regards.
This took ages(!) - longer than I'd anticipated, even, but great fun all the same. Hope you all enjoyed. This interview only adds to the optimism for me. Would live to hear what you think of the interview. I learnt quite a few things interesting things myself (e.g. the fact that fuel is always measured in kg). I'm definitely looking forward to more. Forza Kubica!

#266 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:11

Anteprima - Kubica guiderà per la prima volta la #Renault #F1 2017 a Budapest 

:thumbs:

#267 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 13:35

Kubica je danas vozio Lotus E20 na Pol Rikaru

#268 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 15:11

DEiTHodXUAALVP_.jpg

#269 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 21:07

Renault say Robert Kubica did "90 trouble-free laps" at Paul Ricard today. The test was "to assess his capabilities to return" to F1

#270 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 10,874 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:35

Robert Kubica's return from life-changing injuries will take a step up when he drives a 2017 Renault at a test in Hungary on 2 August.

Jesss!!