Rafael Nadal

• Please log in to reply
5439 replies to this topic

#46 LidAl

LidAl
  • Members
  • 2,966 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 22:44

nije. tačno se sećam jedne njegove rečenice pred wimbledon kako će federer morati da se pomuči da osvoji još neki slam sad kada je on (novak that is) i ostatak mladih snaga tu. baš su ga namučili na us openu. :D pomenuo sam ga jer je on, po mom mišljenju, antipod rafi u tom smislu, i lično mi se mnogo više sviđa rafin pristup da govori samo svojim reketom.

To je prilično slobodna interpretacija. Evo šta je Nole tačno rekao. Ništa strašno, čini mi se (osim što se malo hvalio :D ), čak je pogodio da će Fed izgubiti Wimby titulu.

p.s. Preporučujem da pogledate i prevod stranice koji daje google translate... :ph34r:
...."Одједном је забринута мало.", Дјоковиц саид....
.... Српски играч каже лабављењу је захват од Федерер и Надал је у предности за спорт ...
... "Надал је врло мотивисана за Вимблдон освојити наслов ове године, он је био врло близак у последње две године," Дјоковиц саид. "А ја сам један од играча иза намјеравају направити изненађење. Ја само треба да се понашају нормално и бити агресивни."
Priceless :)

Edited by LidAl, 23 October 2008 - 22:58.

#47 desperate for housewives

desperate for housewives
  • Members
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 22:58

Rafa je danas doputovao u Oviedo gde ce sutra dobiti nagradu Príncipe de Asturias. Prenos dodele ce biti sutra na TVE International u 18.00.

The 500 entrances for Rafa Nadal’s presentation in Gijón have run out in two hours

GIJÓN.- In little less than two hours this Monday, there were no more of the 500 free of charge entrances given by the Foundation Prince of Asturias to attend the act that the tennis player Rafael Nadal will carry out next Thursday in Gijón, before receiving the Prize Prince of Asturias of Deportes 2008 in Oviedo the next day.

Besides these 500 entrances, the Foundation has distributed 600 more to Asturian sport clubs where tennis is practiced.

Nadal’s meeting with the Asturian fans will take place in the Teatro de la Laboral in Gijón at 7.00 PM and will consist of an interview with Maria Escario, a journalist for Televisión Española who is also a member of the jury who granted the award to him. After that, the fans will be able to ask questions to the world number one.

Nadal was awarded with the Prize Prince of Asturias of Deportes on the 3rd of September when he prevailed over the American swimmer Michael Phelps, by obtaining the endorsement of 18 of the 24 members of the jury, who emphasized the Majorcan’s model behaviour in the last voting.

The jury has also emphasized "the winner’s merits, as much in Grand Slam competitions such as a fourth time Roland Garros title, a first time Wimbledon title, reaching the world number one position and adding an olympic gold medal in Pekín in addition to his perfect season.

Attached Files

Edited by desperate for housewives, 23 October 2008 - 22:59.

#48 Impromptu

Impromptu
  • Members
  • 57,443 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 23:07

To je prilično slobodna interpretacija. Evo šta je Nole tačno rekao. Ništa strašno, čini mi se (osim što se malo hvalio :D ), čak je pogodio da će Fed izgubiti Wimby titulu.

p.s. Preporučujem da pogledate i prevod stranice koji daje google translate... :ph34r:
...."Одједном је забринута мало.", Дјоковиц саид....
.... Српски играч каже лабављењу је захват од Федерер и Надал је у предности за спорт ...
... "Надал је врло мотивисана за Вимблдон освојити наслов ове године, он је био врло близак у последње две године," Дјоковиц саид. "А ја сам један од играча иза намјеравају направити изненађење. Ја само треба да се понашају нормално и бити агресивни."
Priceless :)

Spoiler! --Click here to view--

#49 LidAl

LidAl
  • Members
  • 2,966 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 23:43

Spoiler! --Click here to view--

:)

Pa uvek imaju opravdanje, u pitanju je beta verzija... :ph34r:

Inače, Google Translate mi je prilična zabava u poslednje vreme... :D

p.s. al' voliš te spoilere... :D

Edited by LidAl, 23 October 2008 - 23:46.

#50 OCTAVIAN

OCTAVIAN
  • Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 13:29

eh, ljudima nikako ugoditi. Kad je neko iskren i govori ono sto misli, onda mu uglavnom zamjeraju da je arogantan i nadmen (Fed, Nole), kad neko govori o rivalima sa postovanjem i kad je skroman onda ga optuzuju da je neiskren i lazni dzentlmen (Rafa). Kako ugoditi svima?

#51 desperate for housewives

desperate for housewives
  • Members
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 17:26

To se i ja pitam.

#52 tennisg

tennisg
  • Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 19:33

Uncle Toni
by Pete Bodo

You hang around this game long enough and you come across an impressive array of coaching types. You have the controversial Svengalis, among whom the outstanding model is Ion Tiriac. Early in his young career, Guillermo Vilas essentially said: "Here I am, make of me what you will." And Tiriac, with a great feeling for Vilas's character and appetite for work, transformed the young Argentine into a clay-court master who would be eclipsed, historically, only by Bjorn Borg and Rafael Nadal.

Hugs Then you have the tennis nuts, among whom Nick Bollettieri stands out. Operating on the powerful platform of his tennis academy, Bollettieri left his imprint on the contemporary game by articulating what I ultimately came to call the New World Game, based on aggressive baseline play with an emphasis on the forehand and taking the ball on the rise; Bollettieri down-sized the game, more or less eliminating the approach shot in favor of the sizzling placement hit from inside the baseline, usually with the forehand. His proteges are well known, starting with Jimmy Arias and on through Andre Agassi, Jim Courier, Monica Seles and others. And, more than any other coach of a top player, Bollettieri has been a general tennis evangelist, spreading the gospel of tennis near and far with his eponymous academy serving as a kind of Vatican for his converts.

You have sports nuts: Brad Gilbert is a sports nut who happened to gravitate to tennis, both as a player and a coach. One of the greatest assets of this type of coach is the ability to put tennis into a general context, enabling players to ramp up their ability as competitors. Gilbert knows his X's and O's as well as anyone - yet one of his most telling coaching ploys was convincing Andy Roddick to dump that dorky visor he used to wear in favor of the more muscular, duck-bill cap. It helped Roddick earn the world no. 1 ranking.

You also have the purists: Think Paul Annacone. Although Annacone had a healthy passion for all sports, he was a true connisseur of tennis in all of its strategic, technical, and psychological dimensions. He was the perfect fit for Pete Sampras, a great believer in the less-is-more approach to most things, including his tennis. Annacone's thoughtful but never overly cerebral or byzantine analyses resonated with Sampras in what might be the most productive, successful, and, well, dignified coach-protege relationship of our time.

And then there are the mentors, the coaches who shape and mold players the way that a favorite college professor, minister, or immediate superior at your first full time job influenced you. These men and women aren't Svengalis, painting their own portraits on the canvas of a player's soul in a process that's often a tame and sunny version of that literary staple, the deal with the devil. The mentors are first and foremost tennis coaches, yet they're wise, discreet, principled and, ultimate, caring. They're just as interested in shaping young minds as exuberantly and sometimes wildly youthful games. They try to develop character, and not always for selfless reasons, because they are masters of understanding the relationship character can have to a player's results and motivations.

Bob Brett, who at various times coached Andres Gomez, Boris Becker, Goran Ivanisevic, Mario Ancic (he's currently working with Marin Cilic), is one of the great mentors - and still one of my favorite people in tennis. An old-school disciple of Harry Hopman, Brett left Australia because he was spurned and shut out of the official cabal comprised of former Grand Slam champions and lifelong bureaucrats, Brett believed in tennis, character is destiny. He felt that if he could shape and improve the character of his players, it would produce results on the tennis court.

Bob once told me a long story about a discussion he had with Goran Ivanisevic about. . . towels. The details are insignificant, but they had to do with the way Goran disposed of the official tournament towels he used, and Brett's intent was to get Ivanisevic to think about actions and consequences, profligacy and trusteeship. It was about towels, sure, but it was also about holding serve and about realizing that you have only so many chances to throw away - or capitalize upon - in your career. For a young player who sees nothing but future, and therefore knows nothing about regret, who never has to pay a dime for anything, and to whom everything is replaceable (by someone else, of course) at the snap of a finger, understanding about towels is a kind of doorway to understanding about digging a little deeper when you're about to lose a first-rounder in Vienna, or to getting over your disgruntlement because the drinks in the court-side cooler aren't cold enough for your taste.

Toni Nadal is a mentor, perhaps to an even greater degree than Brett. When El Jon Wertheim and I sat down with him at the US Open to plumb his coaching philosophy and background, neither of us knew exactly what to expect. Even to us as journalists, Toni has been a somewhat enigmatic figure - was he support team, family member, minder, tactician, strategist, emotional anchor? Although he's been a bona fide tennis coach for decades (he once coached the no. 2 junior in Spain), it's almost impossible to get Toni to focus on the X's and O's - so much so that neither El Jon nor I even thought to ask him about strategic or technical issues, except in terms of Nadal's development (Did anybody ever try to change his radical style, we asked?).

When we opened the conversation with a broad question about his strengths and assets as a coach, it opened the floodgates on philosophy of life, rather than philosophy of tennis. And the two most striking words in Toni's first answer were "normal" and "discipline."

You'll have to wait until the January-February issue of Tennis to read the interview and some of Toni's most revealing and interesting replies to our questions. But I feel safe saying that you'll be nothing less than astonished at the degree to which Rafael's (Toni never calls his nephew and protege "Rafa") development was more like basic training in life than an advanced education in tennis, with an emphasis on all the bells and whistles currently attached to our views of fitness, technique, nutrition and even equipment. Hail, Toni actually chose to practice on lousy courts with bad balls, just to teach young Rafael that winning or losing isn't about good balls or courts or strings or lights. It's about attitude, discipline, and perhaps most importantly, perspective.

The latter is such a signficant component precisely because perspective may be the hardest of all things to maintain once you hit a certain level in tennis - and players of far lesser talent than Nadal routinely hit that level at the age of 16, 17 - a time in young lives when the concept of perspective is about as familiar as quantum physics. If Toni Nadal has an outstanding virtue, it may be his fidelity to what you might call a grounded, normal life. He has fiercely resisted what might be called the decadence (with a small "d") that lays low so many players - and their coaches, who become accustomed to the cushy life of the tour. In this regard, it really helps Toni that he doesn't collect a paycheck from his nephew - and he knows it.

When you hear Toni speak about tennis and how he developed Nadal, you can't help but wonder how anyone could have so adamantly resisted transformation and the lure of over-complication. That resistance is beautifully reflected in Rafael's rough-hewn game, but also in his more subtle, long-standing refusal to take his place in what, at the heyday of Federer's dominance, seemed a pre-ordained hierarchy with which everyone grew comfortable.

I'm convinced that Toni's general resistance to entering the tennis mainstream and embracing the values of its somewhat warped culture was transmitted to his nephew, and helps account for the doggedness with which pursued The Mighty Fed's - acknowledging his rival's superiority at every turn but also never forgetting that his own mission was to work hard and give his best, let the chips fall where they may. He pursued Federer with remarkable determination, yet it was never about catching Federer per se.

In a sneaky way, Rafael Nadal is an outsider, and Toni is partly responsible for his nephew's ability to resist becoming just another guy content to go to work to take his cut, or getting all tangled up in conflicting feelings of respect, envy and resentment toward his great nemesis. And Toni seemingly achieved that without ever once resorting to platitudes about winning being "everything", or the value of being the no. 1 player in the world.

Toni simply doesn't talk in those terms. He talks about discipline, self-sufficiency (Toni refuses to take his nephews rackets for stringing, on the grounds that Rafael's the one who has to play with the danged things. Besides, Rafael has all the time in the world when he's at tournament, so why shouldn't he be the one dealing with that kind of thing?), hard work and respect for everyone, regardless of his or her station in life. That may sound hokey, or carefully orchestrated to project a certain image for Toni or Rafael. All I can say is that we spent well over hour talking with Toni, and I've yet to meet someone whose true colors aren't revealed, in or between the lines, over a period of that length.

Physically, Toni isn't nearly as imposing as he sometimes appears on television. He's thickly built and swarthy, but at times the light in his eyes is almost child-like. He's a realist, but given to speaking in parables, and his basic tone is philosophical. Talking to him, you can see where Rafael got his talent for disarming loaded questions about his rivalry with Federer by pointing out the obvious: by number of major titles and ranking points, Roger Federer is by definition the best player in the world. Anything else is mere speculation or wishful thinking.

Toni studied history at the university level, but he's no intellectual. He laughs easily, Here are some of the questions that I had to leave out of the published interview, due to space limitiations. So consider this just a brief glimpse into Toni Nadal, how he thinks, and the values he brings to the table for Rafael:

Q: Does Rafa ever complain about the perils and pressures of his position?

A: No, because he never complain about being no. 2. He already happy being there. I try always to explain to him, things that happen in life, everything has a positive and a negative. When you shoot a gun, it give you a kick in the shoulder, right? Same thing. There’s more pressure when you’re at the top, so that’s the kick back from being no. 1. A lot of people have it worse than him, they have to work much harder than him, for less, and they do it.

Q: What role does religion play in your life?

Zero. I don’t believe. I studied history in university. Religion comes from ignorance in people. Tribal societies, when they see a flash of lightning or something unusual, they say it come from the Magician. But when society move forward, and technology discover more, religion goes in the back. For me, is very important to be moral – to be good person. But not religion.

Q: What would Rafa be doing if he couldn’t play tennis any more?

A: I would like him to be involved in Spanish Olympic movement and committee, and to do things for other people. Doing things to improve the society. Whatever he wants.

Q: Are you concerned, as a human being, that Rafael is just being driven and pushed like a racehorse, and suffering in other aspects of his life, or education?

A: I was in university, but to me it’s not very important. For me, the important thing in life is to have an interest in things. I come here to learn something about American people. I like to see the television, what people are watching. To me, the thing is to be interested, maybe read newspapers. At the moment, young people not too interested in things. Is a pity. But when you spend so much time to be a good tennis player, journalist, business manager, you cannot do much else.

You always give up some things to have other things. When I go with girlfriend, I cannot be here. When Rafael is here, he loses chance to be at the beach with his friends. But when he’s at beach, he loses chance to be here. You cannot have everything. In this life, you have this - or that. So for Rafael, he has a good life at the moment, like me, no? I am very happy to be sitting at my house at home in front of the beach and my garden, but if I am there all the time I am bored. When I speak with one of my kids (Toni has three) I think it better to be there, with them. But then I cannot be here, at US Open. it is always a choice: this – or that.

Q: You don’t wear a wedding ring?

A: I have three kids but no ring. I am not married because of my philosophy. When I have a friend, I don’t have to tell other people, “This is my friend!” I have not just one friend, and my girlfriend is my friend.

Q: Are a man like you and a youngster like Rafael comfortable, culturally, at a place like Wimbledon?

A: Well, I have a different concept of life. I believe that all these formalities are just because of where it is, and I understand it. But I like a more normal life, and I think Rafael is a more normal person.

For example, (Carlos) Moya is a very kind person, a good person, but he was here and when he need a car I see that he told his coach, “Phone for the driver.” When you get used to doing nothing for yourself, it’s too easy. With Rafael, I say in that situation, do it yourself. It’s better. This was my work with him.

For me, at the moment it seem that young people have not too much interest in things, because everything is too easy for them. When I have a mobile phone, is easy, all the things. You want meeting with friend, boom-boom, it's done. When I was young, studying in Barcelona, when I came home I didn't know where my friends were. I had to go look for them. Today, it's easier, but people have no great interest in learning and knowing things. This is normal, but maybe not so good.

In this life, the most important things can’t control, like your health. Maybe your girlfriend, if she don’t want to go with you no more, then you have a problem. You must be prepared for this. When things go good, I want this, I have, I want that, I have - but then you are not prepared for when things go bad. I always try to prepare Rafael for everything.

Q: Many guys out there have five cars, three houses, even a share in a jet. What does Rafa own?

A: At the moment, Rafael have nothing. He has not house, because his parents have money and some good houses. He has some cars - one form a sponsor (KIA), one Mercedes he win in Stuttgart. But personally for me is no is no good that young man have a good car. I don’t like to see a young people have things like that.

What do you do together, hobby-wise?

A: Rafael like fishing very much. Together, we like soccer and golf. We play golf together with another brother of mine(Miguel Angel Nadal, the former soccer star with Real Madrid).

http://tennisworld.t...uncle-toni.html

#53 tennisg

tennisg
  • Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 20:15

:ph34r:

http://www.youtube.c...8...3E7&index=7

#54 M.S.25.

M.S.25.
  • Members
  • 16,255 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 20:51

Nije mi jasno zbog cega ti smetaju samouverene izjave?

Neki ljudi to jednostavno ne vole.Što se mene tiče-ok.Međutim, ne sećam se da je moketu smetalo, zato sam se i začudila.

i drago mi je što je prestao sa samouverenim izjavama, samo još da vrati igru...

čini mi se da te dve stvari idu ruku pod ruku.kod Novaka, to jest.

Edited by M.S.25., 24 October 2008 - 20:52.

#55 crystalline

crystalline
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 21:13

EDIT:A izjava da jedan mora da pobedi ,a drugi da izgubi,mislim da nije pomirljiva filozofija(bar ne Nadalova)...Na terenu izgara i veoma se raduje kad pobedi.Mislim da cete se sloziti samnom da je momak primer pobednickog duha ..Mozda je izjava relativizirana-u smislu,to se na kraju svodi na to,pobednik-gubitnik..Ali ako gledamo Nadalovu filozofiju,onda je ona-Daj sve od sebe da ti budes taj koji ce pobediti..

:ph34r: potpuno se slažem Benigni . Ne razumem da neko može Rafinu izjavu "nakon meča jedan je pobedinik, a jedan gubitnik" tumačiti kao ravnodušnost pre meča. Ako neko pokazuje na terenu da mu je stalo do pobedi uvek, to je onda Nadal. Ova izjava je više u fazonu "nakon meča samo je jedan pobednik, ovaj drugi je izgubio, trećeg nema". I jeste tako, mada on niti svojim izjavama, a pre svega svojom igrom na terenu ne pokazuje da želi da bude ovaj drugi (gubitnik). Nadal je očigledno veoma realan, kako u tenisu, tako i u životu. Veliki šampion i borac sa srcem i osmehom deteta. I još nešto, Toni je "stvorio" ovakvog Rafu, bez njega ne bi bio to što jeste sada.

Sa današnje dodele nagrade Prince of Asturias za sport 2008

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by crystalline, 24 October 2008 - 21:17.

#56 M.S.25.

M.S.25.
  • Members
  • 16,255 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 22:19

Ako neko pokazuje na terenu da mu je stalo do pobedi uvek, to je onda Nadal.

tačno, mislim da je čak i izjavio da strašno mrzi da gubi.

Ok, ja sam van zemlje, tako da ne dobijam te doze Novakomanije

iskreno mi se čini da je i ovde novakomanija dosta utihnula.

Hvalili su nasi Noleta do besvesti,hvalili su i Federera,ostale redje...Svo to vreme ,ja sam bio besan sto Nadal ne dobija onoliko hvale koliko zasluzuje

istina je da je bilo skeptika kad je Nadal u pitanju i kod nas i u svetu, ali je takođe istina i to da i ovde oduvek ima dosta fanova.

Edited by M.S.25., 24 October 2008 - 22:20.

#57 tennisg

tennisg
  • Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 17:56

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#58 tennisg

tennisg
  • Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 17:59

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by tennisg, 25 October 2008 - 18:00.

#59 desperate for housewives

desperate for housewives
  • Members
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 18:00

Ceremonija dodele nagrada je bila fenomenalna, lepo je videti Rafu u drustvu ljudi kao sto je Ingrid Betancourt, Margaret Atwood, osnivaca Goolge-a, naucnika i doktora koji se bore protiv malarije itd.

Posebno dirljiv bio je govor Ingrid Betancourt koja je 6 godina bila oteta od strane Kolumbijskih gerilaca. Na pocetku ona je rekla i ovo:

I followed Rafael Nadal, for example, for six years on the courts of Roland Garros. I watched him grow via live transmissions, which Radio France International broadcast each summer, and at the same time as I shared in the joy of his ever growing success, I experienced the frustration of not being able to see his victories. To be here today, seeing him face to face, is like the closing of a circle; a wonderful way to fulfil an appointment with life.

Princ Felipe je takodje odrzao lep govor u kome je govorio o svim dobitnicima.

On the morning of the 3rd September last, we received with great joy the news that the Jury had conferred the Award for Sports on Rafael Nadal. On this stage, in previous years, we have presented the award to other sportsmen and women with dazzling careers, accustomed to glory. And we have praised them for their spirit of sacrifice, for their exceptional qualities, but also for their human values. Today, we especially recall, with fondness and concern, Severiano Ballesteros, who, as he himself has said, is playing the game for life itself.

This is what occurs to us with Rafa Nadal, who amazes us every time he wins, because in each and every victory he displays the humility and simplicity that only the greatest are capable of feeling in such a way. But what amazes us even more is that he never forgets those who suffer, those who fight against pain and illness.

Because Rafa Nadal, apart from being a superb tennis player, is a great human being, a grateful young man. He never ceases to stress, with the deepest fondness, the fundamental influence that his family, his grandparents, his parents, his uncles and aunts (in particular, his uncle Toni, who is much more than just his coach) have had on his life. They have known how to guide him along the always difficult road to success, encouraging him to walk hand in hand with authenticity, simplicity and greatness of spirit.

Rafa has stated that what is important is not to be a good sportsperson, what is important is to be a good person. And he has demonstrated that he is both; since, from his laurelled-crowned summit, he is socially-committed, and always feels happy with the triumphs of his colleagues in other disciplines, as he recently expressed with joy at the Beijing Olympic Games and at the European Soccer Cup and Basketball championships.

His behaviour and feelings are a great example for children and youth, who, as well as enthusiastically following his sporting triumphs, learn from his truly generous sense of fair-play. This may in fact be one of his greatest triumphs, since, from the highest place on the podium, he underlines the most emotive, educational aspects of sport, such as when he says (with legitimate pride) that being Spanish constitutes an extra motivation for him. "To win," he has stated, "is always much more pleasing when you are playing for your country".

For his serene patriotism, for his fortitude under duress, for his triumphs, for his humility and for his example, Rafa Nadal has forever gained admiration both in Spain and abroad.

Attached Files

#60 M.S.25.

M.S.25.
  • Members
  • 16,255 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 18:08

Margaret Atwood

Da li mislimo na književnicu (inače moju omiljenu)? :ph34r:
Kakvo odelo!Moja baba bi rekla:ki precednik!