Naravno da ce da prezivi. Nijedan tim nije veci od F1. Ako neko ode neko ce i doci i tako.
Posted 12 January 2018 - 17:04
Formula 1 evaluating changes to grid formation
By: James Newbold, Journalist
Co-author: Lawrence Barretto, Journalist
6 hours ago
Formula 1 bosses are evaluating making changes to the way the grids line up for a grand prix in the future, according to Pat Symonds.
Former Williams chief technical officer Symonds joined the team of specialists working under new F1 sporting boss Ross Brawn last year to help define F1's future direction.
Speaking at the MIA's Entertainment & Energy-Efficient Motorsport Conference, Symonds said F1 is testing out potential regulation changes in the virtual world using eSports to assess their effectiveness.
"We're keen to use virtual environments to test some of these regulations," said Symonds. "What we can do then is look at statistics.
"It gives you a chance to do things you can't otherwise simulate in an easy manner.
"I'll give you an example of something we've been thinking about this year. For a number of years, the starting grid for F1 has been a staggered formation.
"We know one of our problems is that we put the fastest car on the grid and not only do we do that but we separate them.
"It used to not be like that, there was a time when cars started two abreast, there was a time when - we've got a photo in our boardroom in London where I think it's Monza - there are four cars on the front row.
"What would happen if we did that again? It's not the sort of thing you can simulate easily. We can go to our eSports group and we can say 'look guys, let's change the grid, let's do 20 races'.
"They don't have to be 300km races. We're only interested in the first three laps. Then we see what happens. Are we going to get a much more exciting first lap or are we going to get a huge collision on corner one?
"By doing this, and looking at it statistically, we can start to understand these things. It gives us our evidence-based form of decision-making, a mantra I preach quite regularly."
Symonds cited the furore in early 2016 when the qualifying format was changed only to be changed back almost immediately following criticism from fans and those in the paddock.
"Some might remember that a couple of years ago, someone who is no longer involved in F1 decided it would be a good idea to change the qualifying procedure and at a whim that was done," he said.
"There was no simulation of it whatsoever.
"A few people with an IQ that ran into double figures did look at it and decided it was going to be a disaster and sure enough it was a disaster but nevertheless it went ahead and sure enough it was a disaster.
"How do things like that happen? We can't let happen again."
Nisam siguran da je ovo dobra ideja. Danasnji bolidi su mnogo brzi nego oni iz 50-tih i 60-tih sto ne ostavlja vozacima dovoljno vremena za reakciju ako stvari podju naopako. Upravo to je i bio razlog da se grid ovako razvuce.
Ovo na kraju, fino se pokakio po Berniju. Mada nisam bas siguran koji mi je od njih dvojice antipaticniji - zli pohlepni strumpf ili dokazani prevarant i lazov kome dozivotno ne bi trebalo imati mesta u F1 padoku.
Posted 12 January 2018 - 17:22
Meni se ne svidja kod kvala sto Q1 i Q2 bas i nema smisla gledati. Ja bi napravio Q1 gde svi imaju jedan mereni krug (izlazili bi jedan po jedan kao ono pre sto smo imali shootout) i onda Q2 gde najbrzih 10 imaju pravo da poprave vreme (isto jedan po jedan za jedan mereni krug).
Posted 13 January 2018 - 00:12
Koji su to isforsirani idijoti koji su gori od onih fanatika koji "ga bacaju u nesvest" na Jutub snimke NASKAR udesa. Isusatibogajebemonognebeskogkojijetamogorejeboteviše
Zamisli te budale, koncept startnog grida iz prošlosti kao danas. Pa hebo sliku svoju
Jel danas prvi April ili nešto, ili mi se omakla koja čaša vina više
Posted 14 January 2018 - 00:02
Pirelli predicts gains of up to 1.5s at start of 2018
Friday, 12 January 2018
By Chris Medland / Image by Andy Hone/LAT
Pirelli believes lap times could improve by up to 1.5 seconds per lap at the start of 2018 due to the combination of car developments and its new tires.
The tire manufacturer was accused of providing compounds that were too hard in 2017, with the latter part of the season often seeing the softest three compounds – soft, supersoft and ultrasoft – used. An even softer compound known as the hypersoft has been introduced for this year while every compound is a step softer, which should help deliver even quicker lap times.
"If you talk about performance there is the natural development of the cars because there are no big changes in terms of technical regulations," Pirelli motorsport boss Mario Isola told RACER. "The estimates from the teams are roughly one second per lap as an average from the end of last season to the beginning of this season.
"On top of that you should consider we are going softer to most of the events I believe. Probably more in the first half of the season than in the second half because last year we changed the approach from Silverstone onwards. Spa was already aggressive, Suzuka was an aggressive choice, but in the first half of the season we will probably have the biggest difference compared to last year.
"In terms of performance I believe 1 or 1.5 seconds is a reasonable number."
And Isola says the hypersoft is likely to be used only on a small number of street circuits having opted against introducing it for the first time at the Azerbaijan Grand Prix.
"The biggest changes are the compounds. Last year we were quite conservative, we moved all the compounds one step softer and we added the hypersoft. The hypersoft is really, really soft. It's a bit extreme but we wanted to have a compound like that.
"We are now trying to understand where to use it. We would need a bit more data on this. Probably Monaco will be the first race where we consider the hypersoft."
I jos jednom - ovi "ustrojeni" bolidi sa vozacima koji "taksiraju" su ubedljivo, ali ubedljivo najbrzi i najspektakularniji u istoriji F1. Ono sto ih u najvecoj meri limitira su gume.
Posted Yesterday, 16:54
Martin Whitmarsh: Former McLaren team principal to return to F1 as consultant
By Andrew Benson
Chief F1 writer
3 hours ago
Whitmarsh became CEO of McLaren in 2004
Former McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh is returning to Formula 1 to help find ways to reduce costs.
Governing body the FIA said Whitmarsh, 59, had been invited in as a temporary consultant to help define "regulations for fair and sustainable competition".
He has been out of the sport since being ousted from his role as McLaren team principal by former mentor Ron Dennis in 2014.
Whitmarsh was a leading figure in the last attempt in F1 to control costs.
That was as chairman of the now-defunct teams' umbrella group Fota, which introduced the so-called resource restriction agreement aimed at keeping a lid on budgets.
F1's new owner Liberty Media is keen to find a way to limit costs for teams as one way of closing up competition in the sport.
The American company, which bought F1's commercial rights last year, has been talking about introducing a cost cap, and its sporting boss Ross Brawn is working with the FIA on the issue.
But FIA president Jean Todt, who worked with Brawn at Ferrari from 1996-2006, has admitted a cost cap on its own would not work.
Todt said: "I don't believe in a cost cap. I believe we can have a global package in the regulations.
"I am not an engineer but I have been aggressive to our engineers on it in different capacities. At Ferrari, I discussed it with Ross. Now it is something I discuss with [FIA F1 director] Charlie Whiting. So far I have never got a solution that really answers the problem. But I believe it should be a combined work.
"If we all agree F1 should be more affordable, everyone should work to make rules to allow the costs to come down. It is easy to say but so far I have never got a proper answer."
After leaving F1, Whitmarsh became chief executive of Olympic yachtsman Ben Ainslie's America's Cup challenge. He left that role in November, moving into an advisory position.
He is also on the global advisory board of Formula E, the FIA's all-electric single-seater series.
Posted Yesterday, 19:01
Posted Today, 15:35
Defending champions Mercedes will follow a similar schedule to last season and unveil the W09 at Silverstone on February 22, with the new car completing 100km (62 miles) as part of a shakedown test on the same day. The date is the same as Ferrari's launch in Maranello, with the two teams working to avoid a clash in terms of timing.
McLaren's new car – which will be called the MCL33 – will be revealed a day later; three days before the start of pre-season testing, which gets underway on February 26 at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya. The four-day test runs until March 1, with the second test then taking place from March 6-9 at the same venue.
Toro Rosso is also planning on following its usual schedule of unveiling its new car in the pit lane in Barcelona on the evening before the start of pre-season testing, but has yet to finalize its program.