News

• Please log in to reply
5219 replies to this topic

#4591 Doorn

Doorn
  • Members
  • 14,739 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 12:34

Max odlucio da od iduce sezone vozi pod Belgijskom zastavom. Max se zakacio sa starim. IMG_20170401_112036.jpg

Bilo je pitanje vremena.

Brzo je nastao problem, Džej je izdržao sa ćaletom mnogo duže.

Osim ako nije prvoaprilska šala.

1 april.
Na netu se Holandski fanovi se napecali samo tako. :lol:

#4592 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 17:59

Ma koliko god ja voleo da se Kubica vrati mislim da bi ga pregazio bolid 2017 specifikacije nakon prvog treninga. Navijam da uđe u Formulu E, taman može iskombinovati s VECom. Nek čeka debi BMVa u petoj sezoni. Ove godine neka izgura VEC a sledeće godine može komotno testirati za BMV FE Tim na predsezonskom testiranju na stazi Doninton Park. Zamislite opet spajanje Kubice i BMVa 10 godina nakon pobede u Kanadi. Nije isključeno da pobedi i u FE sledeće godine, par trka pete sezone ćese voziti u 2018.

Robert Kubica says a return to Formula 1 is now "more likely" than ever before since his serious rally crash in 2011.

Kubica, now 32, was in the midst of a promising F1 career with BMW and then Renault when, while contesting a rally in the winter, crashed and almost severed his wrist. Kubica returned to motor racing at rally's highest level but was unable to drive a single-seater due to the limitations on the movement in his arm and hand.

But he is now shaping up to race in the premier LMP1 class at Le Mans in 2017, saying a potential return to F1 someday is no longer a distant dream.

"I am not thinking of returning for now," he told the Polish daily Gazeta Wyborcza, "but it is not a closed chapter for me. It is now much more likely than it was two years ago. Perhaps one day my patience will be rewarded.

"I will not say anything until it is sure."

EDIT

Pre par nedelja Kubica je dao ovu izjavu, dakle ništa od takmičenja u formulama.

"I cannot rotate my forearm, so I have to get my strength from my shoulder.

"There isn't room in a F1 cockpit for that. I hate to say it to you and to myself, but for now I cannot (return). But I don't think about it. We'll see,"

Edited by /13/Ален Шмит/, 04 April 2017 - 18:03.

#4593 Downforce

Downforce
  • Members
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 22:31

Mnogo mi je zao sto ga je zadesila ta tragedija. Bio bi sampion F1, sto posto sam siguran u to.

#4594 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 17:46

Motor racing-Sao Paulo mayor expects Ecclestone bid for Interlagos

SAO PAULO, April 5 (Reuters) - The mayor of Sao Paulo plans to sell the ageing Interlagos Formula One track to guarantee the future of the Brazilian Grand Prix and expects the sport's former commercial supremo Bernie Ecclestone to bid.

Ecclestone, speaking separately to Reuters in London, confirmed talks but said he made no decision either way and suggested Formula One's new owners Liberty Media could also be interested.

Mayor Joao Doria said the city-owned circuit was included in a seven billion reais ($2.27 billion) package of privatisations sought by Sao Paulo as the metropolis cleans up its finances amid the country's worst recession in more than a century.

Interlagos hosts the only South American race on the calendar.

A sale would allow an upgrade to the facilities, with authorisation to build a hotel, luxury apartments and a museum named after Brazil's three-time world champion Ayrton Senna, who died at Imola in Italy in 1994.

"The privatisation of the track is the guarantee of the continuity of Formula One," Doria, a multi-millionaire media entrepreneur, told Reuters.

"I understand that Formula One is important but with private money, not public money. It's perfectly possible for it to keep running with private money as a private track."

http://www.eurosport...259/story.shtml

#4595 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 23:19

Bernie Ecclestone has revealed that he put the brakes on a Grand Prix in Vietnam which was ready to rev up last summer according to an article in the Independent by Christian Sylt.

Ecclestone has had a lot of stick over the years for his strategy of taking F1 to emerging nations which use the sport to promote themselves on the global stage and drive tourism. It has boosted both F1's international exposure and its coffers. This is because emerging markets are prepared to pay top Dollar whereas traditional nations don't need to rely on sport as much to attract tourists.
The strategy has driven F1's average annual race hosting fee to around $31.5m but it has taken the sport to places which had little racing history like Russia and the oil-rich nation of Azerbaijan.
It was widely assumed that Ecclestone's only driving force was making more money and long-standing jokes suggested that he would agree to races in countries like North Korea and Iraq if they paid enough. Today's article in the Independent suggests otherwise.
Reflecting on his 40 years at the wheel of F1 Ecclestone told the Independent that last summer he declined the chance to meet the president of Vietnam and sign a race in the country which is still most famous for its two-decade war with the Americans. Ecclestone says he put the brakes on the plan as Vietnam has little connection to motorsport and F1 already has several races in the region.
"Last year I was approached about having a race in Vietnam. I was offered the opportunity to meet the president about doing a deal for a Grand Prix," he told the Independent. "I could have done the deal and signed it in August. Everything was arranged for this to happen but I didn't do the deal because we already have quite a few races in that part of the world and I thought it might be a little bit over the top to have another one."
Crazy as it sounds, a few figures in F1 voiced support of a race in Vietnam. Former independent director Martin Sorrell suggested it as a future race location last year. After the Italian Grand Prix Gianluca Di Tondo, senior global brand director of F1 sponsor Heineken said that if he could add one race to the calendar it would be "in Asia: Vietnam. We are very present in Vietnam through a local partner and they were our guests in Monza and they were over the moon. So why not have a race in Ho Chi Minh City."
A track was due to be built near there in 2010 but hit the buffers and one reason for this was Vietnam's strict rules which prevented locals from betting on sports events, despite being famous for their love of gambling. Last month this law was relaxed for anyone with a monthly income of more than £360 and Vietnam's first race track opened last year to take advantage of this.
Its standards are far below F1's Grade 1 Homologation but a track which would meet them was reportedly under consideration last year. It is understood that a foreign group was seeking investment to build it in Vietnam's capital Hanoi and carried out a feasibility study.
It is believed that this was the location of the proposed race and even though it would have paid an estimated £320m over the ten years of its contract Ecclestone says it would have been a step too far for F1. "It hasn't got any racing history at all," he says. "So I didn't want to put another race in the same sort of area where we already have very good promoters.
"I was criticised for putting the races in Baku and in Russia because they hadn't got that much racing history."
Ecclestone was indeed criticised for this. Most recently the ire came from Greg Maffei, the boss of F1's new owners Liberty Media. Just last month Maffei claimed that Ecclestone's driving force had been to ask "How much can I extract? How much upfront? So we end up with races in places like Baku in Azerbaijan where they paid us a big race fee but it does nothing to build the long-term brand and health of the business."
Liberty has made it clear to F1 fans and the industry that a top priority is supporting the sport's traditional and historic races as well as signing new ones in the United States which is currently home to only one Grand Prix.
At a conference last month Maffei said "it is most negative when you have some of our traditional Western European tracks which are at the heart of the fan base, like in Germany, go out.
"But there's already progress to bring them back, and if you recall we added the Ricard track in France, another place where we've been gone for some years.
"The origin of F1 is in France and England, so we're big believers in making sure places like Silverstone and the French track and the German are on the race calendars and are exciting events, which are beneficial to all the players."
With the Grands Prix in Germany and Britain both known to be at risk, one imagines that Liberty will make it a priority to secure their futures, though an additional race in the Unites States is another priority.
Maffei said last year "you think about places where it would have natural appeal I would argue Miami, Las Vegas are very interesting." It is the news that American F1 fans are expecting now that the sport is owned by a company based in their home country.
By contrast, Vietnam is not a major market for any of the teams and ranks worse than Ethiopia, Algeria and Egypt on the Transparency International Corruption Perceptions Index.

Ovo je bio znak da je Pantelija počeo prekasno zdravo razmišljati, dao crveno svetlo Vijetnamu da bi ustupio mesto Francuskoj. Još da se Autodrom Buenos Ajres dovede u red, Alargve da dobije podršku i nemački Nirburgring ili Hokenhajmring dobiju kvalitetnog investitora.

#4596 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 15:13

Sebastian Vettel sees no need to shake up F1’s format by introducing more than one race per weekend or shortening grand prix distances.

Plans for a “a global assessment of the format of the weekend for 2017” were announced last year but never appeared. Among the possibilities raised were a move to shorter grands prix and introducing double-header events.

However Vettel urged Formula One not to break with its long-established race format.

“When there was talk about the racing format, I think it would be quite bad to get rid of one race, one grand prix,” said the Ferrari driver.

“I think it would take away the highlight of the weekend by putting two races, for example, or make the race shorted because people say it’s too boring or lasts too long.”

“I think that’s a grand prix, that’s how it has always been, it has been even longer in the past if you look a long way back.”

“And it should remain a challenge. By making it shorter, more exciting whatsoever, I think it’s not a grand prix any more. I’m a bit sceptical to just change for the sake of change.”

Last month Lewis Hamilton said changes to F1’s race format are “definitely needed” and suggested introducing a “sprint race” at the Monaco Grand Prix. Formula One motorsport director Ross Brawn has said he would like to run a non-championship event to test potential changes to race weekends.

Following a processional opening round of 2017 in Australia, Formula One is already facing calls to make changes to aid overtaking. Vettel says the sport needs to be wary of changing too much and too often.

“It’s a difficult one,” he said. “I am very old-school on many things. I think that some things we shouldn’t change even if maybe the way people look at it now after one race or a couple of races they’d like to see a change.”

“I think it’s actually quite important to keep a certain framework consistent throughout time. “So I think every now and then it’s important to listen to people but I think this early it is always difficult to get a very clear picture. I think too much change, equally, is wrong.”

Kao neko ko je imao prilike da uzivo prati dabl-heder trkacke vikende, slazem se sa Fetelom u potpunosti. Dve trke za vikend nekako smanje tenziju i atmosfera nije ista kao kada se vozi samo jedna trka uz kompletne pripreme kroz FP, kvalifikacije i kako to vec ide. Standardni format trkackog vikenda je dizajniran tako da nabija tenziju do totalne eskalacije tokom slavlja na podijumu, kada se voze dve trke (pa jos kad su krace!) to sve deluje kao probusen ...balon, da ne spomenem neku drugu vrstu gume.

Nedostatak akcije na stazi se da resiti pratecim programom - ima toliko nizih trkackih kategorija koje su vredne paznje i koje mogu da obezbede da na stazi tokom sva tri dana trkackog vikenda uvek neko kruzi i da nikada ne bude dosadno...

#4597 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,335 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 07:37

Ode Sepang iz kalendara. Poslednja trka je ovogodisnja.

Steta. Gotivio sam Maleziju.

#4598 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 28,756 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 12:23

I ja kažem. Dobra pista i dobre trke smo gledali na njoj.

Ali vraćaju se Francuska i Nemačka.

#4599 Doorn

Doorn
  • Members
  • 14,739 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:31

Formula 1 CEO Chase Carey has held discussions with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan over the potential return of the sport to the country, potentially as early as 2018.

Erdoğan hosted Carey, who was appointed as Formula 1's new CEO in January following Liberty Media's takeover of the championship, in Turkey on Tuesday.

Carey and Erdoğan were joined by President of the Turkish Motorsports Federation [TOSFED] Serkan Yazici, and Istanbul Park Chairman Vural Ak.

Also present at the meeting was Turkey's Youth and Sports Minister Akif Çağatay Kiliç, and the President's spokesman Ibrahim Kalin.

Turkey joined the Formula 1 calendar in 2005, but the event was dropped from the schedule after 2011, and has not featured since.

A statement posted on TOSFED's website confirmed that "we will be in a position to announce the developments regarding the return of Formula 1 to Turkey soon."

Next year's calendar is currently set to feature 21 races, with France and Germany returning, and Malaysia dropped.

#4600 Doorn

Doorn
  • Members
  • 14,739 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 13:22

McLaren has confirmed that 2009 World Champion Jenson Button will return to a Formula 1 race seat for next month's Monaco Grand Prix, in place of the Indianapolis 500-bound Fernando Alonso.

Button, 37, stepped back from a Formula 1 race seat for 2017, enabling Stoffel Vandoorne to debut, though remained contracted to McLaren as an ambassador.

It was announced on Wednesday that Alonso will participate in a one-car McLaren team at the Indianapolis 500, meaning that he would miss the clashing Monaco Grand Prix.

No replacement for Alonso was announced in the immediate aftermath but McLaren has now confirmed that Button, victorious at the event in 2009, will return for next month's street race.

"I'm thrilled to be making a one-off return to Formula 1 racing, and I couldn't think of a better place to make that return than my adopted home Grand Prix: Monaco," said Button.

"I've won the race before, in 2009, and it's one of my all-time favourite racetracks.

"It's a tricky street circuit on which a good driver can really make a difference – and, although the McLaren-Honda MCL32 hasn't begun the season well, I think it may be more suited to Monaco than to the faster circuits that Fernando and Stoffel have raced it on so far this season.

"OK, I realise we won't have a realistic chance of repeating my 2009 victory, but I think we'll have an opportunity to score points, which will be very valuable to the team in terms of constructors' rankings.

"I'll drive the MCL32 around Monaco in the McLaren sim beforehand, and I reckon I'll be ready after that.

"I'm supremely fit, having done a lot of triathlon training, so I have no worries on that score."

Monaco and Indianapolis host their respective races on May 28.

#4601 Xpert

Xpert
  • Members
  • 22,572 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 19:37

Uzasan udes u F4 kategoriji danas. Billy Monger-a (koji se zakucao), izvlacili 2h iz auta. Obe noge su pretrpele teske povrede. Nema jos zvanicnih informacija. 

#4602 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 23:08

CAA Sports wins race for F1 agency deal

A couple of days after Liberty Media completed its Formula One acquisition in January, CAA Sports’ Paul Danforth met with the racing circuit’s Sean Bratches in London to discuss the sport’s lackluster sponsorship sales.

Under former CEO Bernie Ecclestone, F1 had not been focused on sponsorship sales — part of the reason why the series currently has only five corporate partners: Rolex, Heineken, Emirates, Pirelli and DHL.

CAA Sports wanted to handle that business, and it was not alone. Others, including WME-IMG, beat a path to Bratches’ door, negotiating for the rights to sell F1’s commercial inventory. The reason was obvious: the agencies believe F1’s sales have been so undervalued that any attention would result in wild revenue growth. It’s not so much the cost of F1’s global sponsorship deals, which generally are valued between $20 million and $30 million per year. It’s more the lack of deals in important categories, like telecom and hospitality, that fuels the interest.

After three months of negotiations, F1 this week will announce officially that CAA Sports is its agency of record, responsible for selling the racing circuit’s rights globally. The deal runs through 2018, after which the two sides expect to renew.

“The intention is to create a longer-term partnership,” said Bratches, F1’s managing director of commercial operations, said by phone from London. “This deal won’t preclude other organizations from bringing us deals. We’ll do deals on our own, too.”

Because F1 historically was not focused on sponsorship sales, CAA Sports sees a lot of potential upside. Terms of the deal were not disclosed but CAA Sports likely receives a percentage of deals they close on behalf of F1.

“Formula One wasn’t exactly out there talking to corporations all over the world on how they could partner with the sport,” said Danforth, CAA Sports’ global head of sales. “That’s what we are really excited about.”

A former top executive with ESPN, Bratches has been trying to build out F1’s sponsorship group since Liberty Media completed the acquisition on Jan. 23. Bratches hired Murray Barnett from the World Rugby Union to take on the new position of global head of sponsorship and commercial partnerships. Barnett starts April 25. He hired Matthew Roberts from Sky Television to be global head of research. They will be based in London.

Eventually, Bratches expects to open sales offices in London, New York and Singapore. “We inherited a business without a real sponsorship group, so we have to build one,” he said.

The deal is a boon for CAA Sports, which convinced F1 to hire it because of the agency’s work with other companies. CAA Sports has deals with entities such as F1 team Red Bull Racing, the San Francisco 49ers and Golden State Warriors.

CAA Sports also convinced F1 that it can target relevant categories that have been ignored historically by the sport.

“When you look at the world of technology, each of these teams are probably spending more money on technology than any sport in the world, yet there’s not even a technology partner of the sport,” said Danforth, who will lead the sales effort. “We couldn’t be more excited about digging into that space and talking to everyone that we’ve been talking to in Silicon Valley with our 49ers project and our Warriors project. That is one of the places that we’re going to start. … We need to get the right partners in who are going to want to co-promote the sport around the world.”

Danforth believes that CAA Sports and F1 can work together effectively for a long time and help the sport build its sponsorship business.

“We’ve worked with Madison Square Garden for the last eight years, and they have hundreds of sales people,” he said. “We’re used to working alongside some organizations that have very little internal support and others that have robust sales teams.”

#4603 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 15:15

Chase Carey has hit back at his predecessor Bernie Ecclestone following comments made in Bahrain last weekend.

While attending his first race since being ousted as F1 supremo, Ecclestone admitted he "charged too much" to race hosts in the past.

"Sooner or later I'm frightened that the governments behind them will say enough is enough, and bye bye," said the 86-year-old.

That was not music to the ears of American Carey, who in the wake of the Liberty Media takeover is now Ecclestone's successor as F1 chief executive.

Carey blamed Ecclestone for not doing enough to deliver value to the high-paying promoters.

"(Fees) were agreements between two parties that valued the franchise how it was valued," he told the Financial Times.

"Nobody was tricked, but has F1 invested in the right way to support the events? It's not that the deal is overpriced, it's more 'Did we deliver where we should deliver?'" Carey added.

"(Ecclestone) managed for short term profits, we are managing for long term value."

#4604 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 28,756 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 21:11

18033188_10155109691362095_2432194710911

#4605 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 00:30

Ima gomila klinaca, ono bas-bas klinaca, sto su donirali svoj dzeparac, a ima i starijih likova poput Dzensona Batona, Maksa Verstapena, Dejmona Hila, Marija Andretija, Cipa Ganasija, Dzejsona Plejta, Borisa Seida, Vila Dejvidsona, Bernda Snajdera, Pitera Dambreka, pa i organizacija poput Red Bul Rejsinga... Cilj je bio skupiti 260 hiljada, skupljeno je vec preko 600 hiljada.  :)