- nista istorija, samo novovekovna winza :surlp:
historia: Santa Cristina was originally introduced in 1946
as a Chianti Classico by Piero Antinori's father, Niccolò.
However, with the passage of the 1984 DOCG laws -
spearheaded by Piero Antinori- requiring lower vineyard yields,
Chianti Classico grapes became so complex and rich
that they required more aging than this fruity fresh wine should have to maintain its style and character.
Therefore, with the 1987 vintage Santa Cristina moved away from the Chianti Classico designation,
and with the 1994 vintage Antinori began including 10% Merlot to the blend to add soft, open fruit nuances to the wine.
nedelja, nogometni da - pa kad to osushimo, idemo na par flajki mitchetonovog shyraza
history: The Mitchelton vineyard site took two years to find.
In 1967 Melbourne entrepreneur Ross Shelmerdine commissioned wine industry legend
Colin Preece to find the best site for premium wine grape growing
anywhere in south eastern Australia. He chose an old grazing estate,
then known as Blackwood Park, in the Nagambie district for its climate, soil and proximity to the waterways.
The site's history stretches back to 1836,
when the explorer Major Thomas Mitchell crossed the river
here on his 900 kilometre journey from Sydney to Melbourne.
The resulting riverside town was to have been called Mitchellstown,
but plans were abandoned when a better crossing place was found further downstream at what is now the town of Seymour.